Chapter 10

Frances' POV

"So, back to your weapon," said Clarisse. "What weapon do you prefer? Name it, the Ares cabin has got it!"

"I honestly don't know," I said. "But what do you think is best for me?"

"Hmmmm...." said Clarisse as she opened a BIG trunk that was filled PLENTY of weapons.

"Would you want a spear?" she asked as she pulled out a long elongated thingy with something sharp on the end.

I shook my head. "No, I think that's not my style."

"Okay," she said, throwing the spear on a nearby bed. "How about a shotgun?"

I shook my head again.

"How about a dagger?" said Clarisse.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's like a knife. Like this," she replied as she held out a white knife-like thing. It's like a short sword.

"Let me see," I said as I reached out for it.

"It's not Celestial Bronze, the metal we use for killing monsters that doesn't hurt mortals, but it is attributed with the magical power to shroud its user in shadow," she said. "It's called Carnwennan. That's the dagger of King Arthur. You know him?"

"Yes," I said. "Isn't he like in a classic tale?"

"Yes, but he's real and that dagger you're holding was once his," replied Clarisse. "You like it?"

"I like it," I said. "But is it okay for me to have two weapons? This one and another made from that bronze?"

Clarisse seemed to think more about it. I was afraid she'd say no, but she said yes.

"Let's go to the Armory," she said.

+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+

Once we were in the Armory, Clarisse grabbed a bow and arrow.

"Want this? It's arrows are made of Celestial Bronze," she said.

"No, I'm not good at archery," I replied.

"Okay," she said, returning back the bow an arrow. "How about this? Another dagger?"

I had a thought about it, but then realized that I already had a dagger, so I have to settle for something different. I shook my head.

I then noticed something shining on the corner of a shelf. I grabbed it and it turned out to be a sword.

I held it with my two hands, and at once, I felt that this sword is right.

"This is the one," I said.

"Are you sure?" asked Clarisse. "That sword is very powerful. But with that power it comes with a curse."

"What curse?" I asked.

"That sword was once used by Peleus," she said. "He used to kill plenty of people. I didn't know that Chiron still had that sword. He was the one who gave Peleus the sword when Acastus, King of Iolcus, hid it."

I nodded, not really paying attention to what Clarisse said. "This is the one," I said. "How'd you know so much about weapons anyway?"

Clarisse glared at me.

"Is that an Ares thing? Knowing so much about weapons?" I asked.

"Yes, yes, it is," said Clarisse, still glaring at me. "Now, let's go find your sister and Leo!"

I nodded while carrying the sword that sooner transformed to a pen and my dagger that is hidden on the belt Clarisse gave me.

We made our way out of the armory and saw Leo and Dianne running and laughing out of the forest.