Chapter 7

Frances' POV

Dianne was claimed, that means Apollo's also my father!

NOT!

I remembered that we have different fathers. I was hoping that I will also be claimed, but the whole night lasted without my father claiming me.

Since Dianne was Apollo's then she had to sit with her cabinmates a.k.a. other children of Apollo.

Meanwhile, I sat down with a couple of people whom I don't know. They're from the Hermes cabin. Dianne said that if you were undetermined, you get to stay in the Hermes Cabin, since Hermes was the god of travelers.

Ugh, I wish I was claimed by my father. It could be anyone, I just wish I was claimed.

I was happy that Dianne found her godly parent. I was happy for her.

I met a lot of friends this night. They told me all about what happened last year, I think that was the most told gossip. They defeated Gaea a.k.a. Mother Earth. Honestly, how did they do that?

I mean "they" as Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, Jason Grace, son of Jupiter, Frank Zhang, son of Mars, Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena, Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto, and Leo Valdez, Son of Hephaestus.

Wow, they are famous. Dianne probably knew about this now.

I also learned more about the two camps, one for Greek, one for Roman. Camp Half-Blood is Greek, Camp Jupiter is Roman.

Easy to remember.

I also learned more about the Greek and Roman aspects of the gods and goddesses, that they change appearance and names and stuff like that blah blah blah.

In short, I learned a lot. Wow, children of Hermes are also smart.

Anyway, while having dinner, I saw half-bloods/demigods each throw a piece of food from their plate to the fire.

"What are they doing?" I asked Ruby, daughter of Hermes, a demigod who came last month.

"They are offering food for their godly parent. The only unique part is that they offer the best part of their food," she said. "Like the juiciest part of the steak, the freshest among the vegetables, try it! They like the smell. Plus, maybe your godly parent will claim you if you do."

That sure sounds tempting. So I did as told.

I walked up to the fire and threw the juiciest of my watermelons and the most delicious part of the fish.

"To my godly parent, please claim me," I said silently, as I threw the food towards the fire.

As I went back to my seat, I caught a glimpse of Dianne. She was surely happy. She then looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and went back to my seat.

To my surprise, Leo was there.

"Leo?" I asked. "What are you-"

Before I could finish my sentence, he put his hands on my mouth.

"Look, I'm not supposed to be here," he said. "I just wanted to see how're you doing?"

"I'm fine," I said. "I just want to be claimed already."

"You will be claimed in a little while," he said.

"Besides, you're over-aged," he said. I looked at him with a confused face, so he explained. "Usually, demigods get claimed at age 12, 13, or something, but you're almost 16."

I nodded for I didn't know what to say.

"Anyway, I must be going now," he said. "Mr. D is giving me weird looks. Goodbye, Paris!"