Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Frances's POV

It was painful really. Being in the darkness, that knife in your stomach, everything is spinning inside your head.

Before Circe almost cursed me, she stabbed me with something. I felt it go through my stomach, it really hurt. I think it was a knife, an invisible one. So after Dianne reflected the curse, everything went black.

-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-

I woke up in a boat. A rowboat. A rowboat that was burning on fire.

"Help!" I shouted as I looked around, finding no one. "Somebody, help me! Please!"

For a while, nobody answered my call. Then in a distance, I saw a silhouette of a woman.

"Only love can burn that fine, Only love can be divine," the woman said. "Only love can save you from there, Especially if burning love you bear."

Then the silhouette began to fade.

"Wait, wait!" I shouted. "Who are you? Please help me!"

But nothing happened. The woman did not respond and disappeared. The boat continued on burning.

I began to panic.

"Aaaaahhhhhh!" I shouted out from the top of my lungs.

Then from out of nowhere, Leo appeared at my side.

"Leo! Thank goodness you're here! Where are the others?" I asked him.

"They're at the ship right now," he replied. "And now, we're here, at the burning boat."

"We need to get out of here," I told him. "You have fire powers, please use them to get both of us out."

"Frances," he began to say. "I can't get both of us out."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"Well, I can get YOU out, but I can only get you out if I stay here," he said.

"But-" he stopped me from speaking. He stretched out his hand and the fire parted.

"Go," he said. "I care about you Frances, even if you don't do the same about me, I love you."

"Leo Burning Valdez," I cried. "Don't say that I don't care about you. I do too. In fact, I love you too, so I won't leave you here."

"Really?" he said with a smile as he neared me. "Good to know."

And he kissed me. And together, we stood at the burning boat, burning together, with burning love.

-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-

I woke up in a bed with white sheets and a crying Dianne on the corner.

"Dianne," I called her. "Dianne!"

"Frances," she immediately hugged me. "What have you done? You know I've been worried sick about you! We almost thought you were dead."

She then cried and hugged me tightly. I was taken aback by what she said.

"Me? Dead? Pssh... Nah," I told her and remembered Leo. "Is Leo okay?"

"He's worrying about you!" Dianne cried out.

"So, he hasn't burned?" I asked.

"Burned? Frances, what are you talking about?" Dianne looked at me weirdly.

Guess, all that was a dream. That burning boat. That drama. That kiss.

"Nothing. Anyway, how long have I been out? It musn't be that long," I asked her casually.