Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Frances' POV

At exactly 6:00 in the morning we woke up and checked out of the hotel.

According to the list, we shall go to Fessineger Academy where we'll have to fight three Laistrygonians. Namely, Joe Bob, Skull Eater, and Marrow Sucker.

Where in Tartarus did their mother get their names?

Anyway, I have heard that Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson fought them in a different place. Well I guess monsters travel, right?

So, now, we're riding a bus towards our destination. Clarisse sat alone, Leo sat with Dianne (my idea), and I sat with Nico. 

"So, Nico, how you doing?" I asked him, starting up a conversation.

"Honestly, I'm not okay,"  he replied, looking away. 

"Why?" I curiously asked, not minding the fact that he might get angry because of my curiosity.

I saw him clench a fist but later it relaxed. 

He then shook his head. "No reason."

"Nico - please tell me," I said. "You can trust me.  I know you don't want to be pitied or helped at, but I also know you need a friend. A friend, who understands you."

For a second, I thought he'd shout at me or something, but what happened SURPRISED me.

He smiled and hugged me.

---------------------------

Leo's POV

Frances made me sit with Dianne. I knew it! She'd put me up with her! Since she knows I like Dianne, even though I only like her as a friend, and she knows Dianne loves me, she'd put us up together.

And I wouldn't be able to spend that much time with her.

Anyway, I got a little bit jealous when she insisted to sit down with Nico. Honestly, why did she have to sit with Death Boy? She could sit with Clarisse, her friend. Or her sister, Dianne. Or better yet, she could sit with me, the most handsome and hottest bad boy on fire she had ever met.

Or at least I think that.

Death Boy could be dangerous. I admit, I'm a little scared of him. But so is almost everyone in the camp.

So, here I am right now, staring at them. I saw them talking to each other. Frances seem to want something from Nico, probably a secret. Nico is very secretive.

After a few moments, after Frances spoke, Nico smiled and hugged her.

What the holy flying cows! 

Death Boy can't hug her first. I must hug her first. Ugh! I looked away from them. I don't want Frances to know I like her. I don't want Frances to know I love her.

----------------------------

Frances's POV

After a while, Nico pulled away from the hug.

"You are welcome to be my friend Frances," he said, frowning. "It's just that that's the problem. My father told me that if I don't want to lose someone, for example a friend, I wouldn't go on a quest. And I did, I went on a quest. And I don't want to lose a friend, or friends, like you and Dianne. Both of you are the only ones who understand me the most." 

"I don't know what to say to that," I replied. "I just know that IF you lose someone important to you, you must not lose hope and be depressed. Instead, just pray, and just be thankful for all the good memories you had with that person. Okay?"