Chapter 8

Dianne's POV

I expected to be on my bed in Manhattan when I woke up. But, no, I was not.

I remembered everything yesterday. Camp Half-Blood. Apollo. Cabin 7. Mom telling me that Frances isn't my whole sister.

Frances.

Frances! She is Roman! She's going to Camp Jupiter later! Yep, I know all about these. Kayla, daughter of Apollo told me everything, as in everything that I need to know.

It's almost 8:00 am. Honestly, I don't know how I know that it's almost 8:00, I just do.

Oh right, Apollo is the god of oracles and stuff.

Anyway, I brushed my blonde hair and went to the bathroom. After which I dressed in my new Camp Half-Blood Shirt that Will gave me.

I opened the door to my cabin and was greeted by a sweaty Frances.

"Frances? Why're you so sweaty?" I asked.

"Er - I trained a little with Percy Jackson. He's really good. Have you met him? He's Annabeth's boyfriend," she said.

"Not yet," I replied. "Why're you here then?"

"Chiron wants to see the both of us," she said.

"Okay," I said as I allowed her to grab my arm as we went to an office, or something that looks like an office.

"Ahhh, I've been expecting you," Chiron's voice said. He was sitting on a wheelchair. On his left sat someone who has a beard and a diet coke. While on his right, a girl with frizzy red hair stood.

In the room, there were 3 other people besides Frances, me, and the others mentioned.

Leo was there, along with a raven black haired boy, and a girl that very much looked like -

"Clarisse?" Frances suddenly said. "Is that you?"

"Yes. Frances? Dianne? Oh my gods! I haven't seen you for a time," the girl, Clarisse, said. "When did you arrive here?"

"Yesternight," said Frances. Is there even a word like that? Anyway, she and Clarisse were the bestest friends ever. I was just a friend.

"Oh," said Clarisse. "I wasn't here here that time, I was with Chris."

"Chris? You have a boyfriend? Wow!" I said.

She nodded as "The coke guy" coughed. Right, we were still in the room.

All of us turned our attention to him.

"This isn't a time for introductions and stuff. Please listen," he said. "Five of you are requested to go on a quest."

"A quest?"

"What?!"

"How and why?"

Those questions echoed through the room. I kept quiet and raised my hand.

"Um - excuse me. A quest, as in a real quest? The 5 of us are going on a quest? Me and Frances only arrived yesterday," I said.

I knew all about quests only yesterday and I thought that they seemed hard and all and now they're telling us that we would go on one?

Haha, nice one! Note the sarcasm.

"Whether you like it or not, five of you are going, for five of you are chosen," said Chiron, straight forward.

"Chiron, how come?" asked Leo. "Why the five of us? There are no quests until there is a prophecy, and our names aren't in one, or is it?"

"The scroll that Hermes gave me yesterday contains a letter," said Chiron. "In the letter contains something that has connection with, Rachel, our oracle's, dream. Rachel, tell them."