Chapter 12

Frances' POV

It's morning at last! I stretched out and was surprised to see that everyone was still asleep.

I went out of the cabin slowly so that I wouldn't wake anyone up.

Hmm... What should I do?

I roamed around Camp Half-Blood wondering what to do. I had an urge to go to Dianne's cabin and wake her up, but maybe she needs to sleep.

I walked and walked until I reached the border gate, there I saw Grover playing music in his pipes.

"Hey Grover," I said.

Grover turned around and saw me.

"Hi Frances," he said. "What are you doing so early?"

"Nothing," I said. "What time is it anyway?"

"Almost 5:00 in the morning," he replied.

"Okay," I said. I suddenly remembered something, and that something I remembered makes me decide on what I'm going to do.

"Grover," I said. "Could demigods go outside Camp Half-Blood?"

"No," he said. "Unless you're granted a quest. What are you thinking?"

"I wanted to see Camp Jupiter," I said truthfully. I am really curious to go there, I've heard that is a wonderful place. "Could you please take me there?"

Grover shook his head. "I'm sorry but you are not allowed. It's dangerous out there, there are monsters!"

"My parent is not part of the Big Three," I said. "And you're my protector, you could protect me. Besides, I trust you."

Grover seemed to ponder this. I was hoping he'd say yes, but to my dismay, he shook his head no.

"Grover please," I said, but he still shook his head. "Ugh, I knew this was a long shot. You're just like my Mom. I could take care of myself you know?"

I started to turn back, but Chiron's voice stopped me. He was standing on the corner of the porch of the Big House.

"Frances you may go," he said. "Grover come with her."

"But Chiron-" Grover started to say.

"Go," he said. "Be safe, but be back before Cabin Inspection. I will alert Camp Jupiter that you are coming."

Chiron then went back inside the Big House.

"Well, Satyr, you heard what Centaur said," I said, smiling widely.

Grover groaned. "Just take a weapon with you," he said.

"I always have my weapon," I said.

And then both of us walked out of Camp towards another Camp which I think is very far away.

After an hour of walking and 20 minutes of slipping and tripping, Grover stopped.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked.

"Shhh! I smell a monster," he said.

"Well, sorry if I smell bad," I said. "No need to compare me to a monster."

"No, it's not you," he said, completely annoyed. "It's something else. Ready your weapon."

I did as told.

Suddenly, I saw a big figure lumbering towards us on the shoulder of the road. The sight of it made my skin crawl. It's silhouette reminded me of a football player that seems to be holding a fuzzy blanket over his head.