Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Dianne's POV

Polydora is a good listener. When we explained to her our quest and all that has happened, she just smiled and nodded. She didn't ask questions while we were explaining.  

"So, how did you say this was all Sterope's plan?" asked Nico, after we explained to her everything.

"Well, all of you know that Frances now has the sword of Peleus, my dear father," Polydora replied. "All of you also know that Peleus killed a lot of people with this sword, like Phocus, King Eurytion, and of course Sterope's parents, King Acastus and Queen Astydameia. Astydameia loved Peleus more than she loved her husband, but Peleus, my dear father loved my mother, Antigone more, so Peleus rejected her. Queen Astydameia then swore that my father would regret rejecting her, so she sent a letter to my mother, Antigone, that Peleus will marry her daughter, Sterope, in result, my mother hanged herself. And I can't forget that day, I swore that I will avenge my mother for that."

Polydora paused for a while as she looked at the ground.

"Anyway, Queen Astydameia told King Acastus that my father tried to rape her. King Acastus believed her of course, so he took Peleus on a hunting trip which was a trap. He hid his sword and abandoned him before a group of drunk party centaurs attacked. Chiron, the wisest of all centaurs, returned Peleus' sword with magical powers and Peleus managed to escape the attack. He then went back to Iolcus and killed Queen Astydameia and King Acastus. It was a surprise that Sterope was nowhere to be found since that day, but one day, I had a dream. A dream that told me to find the heir of my father's sword. It took me years to find only the LOCATION of the sword, not the heir. When I was about to die, the gods took pity on my unfinished mission and grant me life until I finish my mission. But now, I'm glad I found you Frances, but I'm still wondering why I am not yet dead."

"Maybe your mission is not yet over," I blurted out. "Perhaps your mission is to help Frances, to help us in whatever we need in this quest."

"Maybe you are right, Dianne," she told me. "Anyway, where are we going next?"

"Circe's Island," said Clarisse. "We need to pass Charybdis and Scylla, and the sirens in order to get there. The problem is, I've only encountered Charybdis and Scylla, and they happened to destroy my ship."

"Don't worry we can do it! Right guys?" asked Leo.

All of us smiled and nodded at him.

"So what are we waiting for? Let's go!" said Frances as we went off the train we were in.

_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_

Clarisse asked a ship from her father, and gladly, Ares did not give us the Titanic.

"All aboard the big red boat!" Leo said in a funny accent which earned a playful punch from Clarisse.

I giggled at his adorableness.

So I went aboard the ship and saw that it was really sturdy. The ship was made of iron in the color of red, it had many cannons and lifeboats. It was also very big.

"Iron is a good conductor of heat. How sure are you that we are not going to be fried up in your ship?" Leo asked Clarisse.

"Just trust me on this! This ship is called "The Sturdy Iron" not "The Frying Iron!" So please, make yourselves comfortable," Clarisse replied as she went in a room.

Nico then went inside a room with a black door. "Night guys," he said, even though it was still afternoon.

Polydora looked at the rest of us, particularly at Frances.