We Believe in You

“No matter who he’s up against, Aomine doesn’t lose. He’s the best.” - Imayoshi Shoichi

* * * *

It is currently the second quarter of the Kaijo versus Touou match, and both teams are tied at 18-18, with only a minute into the second quarter of the game.

The Seirin team were all watching the match with concern, barely holding their breaths because of the intense pressure of the match between Kaijo and Touou. Tamaki hadn’t said anything ever since the start of the match, but kept her eyes on the match, never even looking away once. Kagami who was sitting next to the teal haired girl knew that look on his partner’s face. It was the same look that she had on whenever their coach had asked her to ‘play manager’ during their training sessions.

Tamaki is currently on full analytical mode.

Hyuuga was frowning. ‘This isn’t good,’ he mused to himself, especially after Aomine had earned himself one free throw when Kaijo’s Kobori had committed a foul. ‘They can’t stop Aomine anymore. He’s too strong.’ Seirin knew Touou’s strength, or more specifically, Aomine’s strength, especially after the disastrous match that Seirin had with Touou during the Inter High preliminaries. ‘Not even Kise can beat him.’

“They’re too strong…” Fukuda muttered, eyes wide as he watched the match going on below them. “I know that I’d thought of this before, but that Aomine… He’s too strong! Kaijo is going to lose at this rate!”

“I wonder about that.” Tamaki mused, causing the eyes of her teammates to turn towards her. But like how she is, the teal haired girl doesn’t seem fazed in the least, and kept her eyes focused on the match below her. “Until the last whistle is blown, the match isn’t decided yet. Besides, the weakest among us or not, Kise-kun is still one of the Generation of Miracles. And if there is one thing that all of us had in common apart from the fact that we hate losing with a passion, it is that we’re bad at giving up.” Tamaki had a small smile on her face at that. “The match isn’t over yet. It won’t be over until the last whistle is blown, or when one of them gives up.”

* * * *

Kise caught the ball coming his way, and was about to move towards the goal when Aomine appeared in front of him again, blocking his path.

Up in the stands, Tsuchida frowned. “Again?”

How many times does this makes now? Ever since the first quarter, Aomine and Kise have both been facing off against each other. It is like both teams are counting on their own aces for the match. Whichever team that would leave the match as the victor today will be the team with the stronger ace.

“Kaijo must intend to put everything on Kise-kun.” Riko remarked solemnly.

Watching this match really reminds her of just what kind of monsters that had once made up the legendary basketball team. The brunette coach had seen first hand for herself just what Tamaki, and then Kise, later on Midorima, and then Aomine have been capable of. And there are still two members left of the legendary team. If just the four of them are already this scary, then what are the other two capable of?

Riko can understand why the high school basketball circuit are panicking when it came time for the Generation of Miracles to enter high school. Tamaki had never said the reason why they have decided to split up, but whatever the reason is, it makes no mistake that it is a wise decision. If only to keep the Generation of Miracles from dominating the high school basketball circuit like how they did the middle school basketball circuit for three years running.

And to think that those guys (with one girl) are still only fifteen, still in the midst of their growth. If they’re already this strong as freshmen, then how much stronger could they be once they reach the peak of their growth, or once they became seniors?