It's a Date!

"It is Aomine-kun who is the first among us to bloom sooner and more suddenly." - Kuroko Tamaki

* * * *

Two days after the park 'incident', Tamaki could not concentrate on anything at all.

It is fortunate for her that she had been excused from both basketball training and the upcoming championship league match in two weeks' time because of her wrist injury, otherwise, Riko is bound to double or triple the teal haired girl's training, with how distracted that she had been of late.

Aomine had all but fallen off the face of the earth after that 'incident' as well. And no amount of calls or texts would make Aomine respond to her. Tamaki knew Aomine well enough to know that he is the type to run and hide when he does something that he feels is stupid or embarrassing, and wouldn't resurface again until someone goes and drags him out.

As such, Tamaki is barely listening to what Riko was telling the rest of the team, with the competing lists of the championship league in the hands of every single member. Kagami wasn't there yet, since he is up for cleaning duty that week. Aoi as usual was present as well, cuddling close to his owner, with Tamaki currently seated atop the stage. Aoi is currently dressed in a Seirin Number 16 jersey that Riko had made for the adorable little puppy.

"Hey guys! The names of all the schools appearing in the championship league are out!" Riko told Seirin. "As you can see, A block is us, B block is Touou Academy, C block is Meisei, and D block is Senshinkan. These four schools will compete to represent our region."

Tamaki tuned out the rest of her teammates as she studied the league list carefully. 'So it's the next match,' she mused. 'We'll be up against Touou, and Aomine-kun. Will it be all right?' She wondered, glancing at her bandaged right wrist.

It is much better than when she had first injured it, in which she can at least start writing and such with her right hand, but not anymore than that. Tamaki had been lucky that she didn't break her wrist or something, as the Cyclone Shot is a dangerous move, not meant to be performed by a player whose body isn't developed enough yet.

"Even if we lose to Momoi-chan and Aomine, if we beat the others…"

Tamaki looked up as Koganei mentioned Satsuki and Aomine's names. The cat-like teen looked rather excited, whilst Hyuuga looks rather annoyed at his teammate.

"Satsuki and Aomine-kun doesn't attend Senshinkan," said Tamaki, and everyone turned towards the usually silent girl. It isn't really visible to anyone at present, but Tamaki is worried about their upcoming match, especially since it is obvious that she is in no state to play. "They attend Touou Academy!"

"What?"

The entire team was shocked. Riko was the only one who didn't look surprised, and knowing their coach, Tamaki is sure that Riko must have gone and checked up on Satsuki and Aomine after the pink haired girl's visit to them a couple of days earlier.

"I thought all the Generation of Miracles went to well-known schools!" Koganei protested, conveniently forgetting the fact that Seirin had in fact acquired a member of the Generation of Miracles as well, and they're not exactly a well-known team.

"I thought for sure that he would have gone to a strong team like Midorima." Izuki added.

"That's unheard of." Hyuuga frowned.

"Their history isn't impressive, but they've been putting energy into their scouting efforts lately, recruiting promising athletes from all over the country." Riko told the team. "In the last few years, they've rapidly gained power, and this year's line up is comparable to Shutoku's."