Himuro Tatsuya

The qualifying matches for the teams that would get to participate in the Winter Cup tournament was soon upon them before they even knew it, and with that in mind, every single team that would be participating in the qualifying matches were training like their lives depended on it.

It isn’t uncommon these days for the gates of the high schools in Japan to still be unlocked until nine in the evening. Particularly for the sports-orientated schools like Kaijo and Touou who were all determined to bring home the championship cup for the Winter Cup this year.

It is particularly so for Seirin whose coach had turned even more into a demon than she already is. On several occasions, Koganei Shinji had even bemoaned rather undignified-like whilst on the floor if their coach is trying to kill them. The captain Hyuuga Junpei had even wondered more than once if it counts as teamwork if they die together.

Hence, one Friday evening after a particularly stressful practice, the coach Aida Riko had ended practice early, commanding her players to have the next two days off to rest their muscles and bodies, since they have their own match against Josei High School in less than a week, with another upcoming training camp which both Riko and Tamaki have been brainstorming over to be held just after the end of the Winter Cup preliminaries.

This is how one could find the entire Seirin basketball club all gathered at Maji Burger after practice had ended for the day, having their dinner before they all go home for the day. Right now, everyone was staring at a rather frustrated Kagami who had tried but failed for the fifth time in a row to get the broccoli to his mouth by using the chopsticks in his left hand. 

Next to Kagami, Tamaki sighed inwardly. When she had told Kagami to practice using his left hand for simple everyday tasks, she didn’t expect for her teammate to really take it to task. Hell, he even tried writing with his non-dominant hand for their class assignments. Already low enough in terms of the class rankings for his academic results, Kagami’s result ranking in their class seems to have gone even lower that their homeroom teacher actually summoned Kagami to the teachers’ lounge one afternoon to question Kagami about the redhead’s suddenly illegible writing.

“Kagami, shut up already.” Hyuuga sighed, tired of having Kagami screaming bloody murder whenever the broccoli slipped off his chopsticks. 

“Broccoli is so slippery.” Kiyoshi added brightly next to Hyuuga.

“Is that really the problem here?” Hyuuga sighed.

“What is he doing?” Koganei asked, rather confused.

“He’s practicing.” Tsuchida added, glancing at Kagami who is trying once more to pick up the broccoli with the chopsticks in his left hand. “He’s practicing using his left hand.”

Much to Kagami’s frustration, the broccoli slipped off his chopsticks once more, bouncing onto his plate and over to Tamaki’s empty plate before being gobbled up by Aoi who had popped his head out of Tamaki’s sports bag.

The cute little husky had been to every single one of Seirin’s basketball practices, cheering them on in his own little doggy way, much to the team’s delight, and Kagami’s horror whose dog phobia is still making him keep Aoi away from him, much to the puppy’s disappointment who seems to have taken a liking to the redhead. 

“Damn you, Aoi!” Kagami almost growled whilst Tamaki shushed Aoi since pets are technically not allowed in the eatery. “Give that back!” Aoi gave a little bark before ducking his head back into Tamaki’s bag.

“Kagami!” Hyuuga finally snapped, having had enough of this behaviour, and Kagami immediately silenced himself, having been in the team for long enough to tell when the captain is close to entering clutch time.