Chapter 3: Evidence

Gray's POV:
We laid out all the evidence on the table so that everybody had a good look. What we had was a gun, beer bottle, cigarette, some material and a knife.
"Ok let's start with the material," Ultear said and pointed to it.
"Well it looks like it's been torn off or it caught and tore," Lyon added.
"That's from my dress," Minerva said stunned.
"What?" Natsu asked.
"Last week I tore my dress on a fence but I swear that I put that piece in my draw," she said and I thought.
"Maybe somebody broke in and stole it and used it to frame you," and both Ultear and Minerva shot me looks that said "obviously".
"Ok well the bottles something I've never seen before," Zeref said and held it up.
"That's mine, I took that bottle from my dad's room when I was kid and I used to drink from it," Sting said.
"Ok well I understand why they think it's you guys now," Natsu said.
"But the gun surely must have somebody else's fingerprints," Rogue said.
"But what if they wore gloves and considering this evidence this took us in instead," Minerva added.
"Perhaps that's true and this cigarette is at least a week old so all kinds of germs will be on it so they can't tell whose it was," Mavis said.
"Well this evidence is very good but who was crafty enough to sneak in and steal these things?" Zeref asked thoughtfully.
"What I don't understand is how they got the bottle because I keep it in my draw and I've been held up in my room with Rogue for months doing my work," Sting said.
"Well I guess it'd be hard considering I know that Rogue sleeps lightly," I said.
"Well I'm stumped and unless it was Rogue, which I highly doubt, then I've got no clue," Ultear said.
"Well let's call it a night and for now we'll each take a piece of evidence but it can't be obvious," Zeref said and stood up.
"I'll take the material," I said and picked up the bag with it in.
"I'll take the bottle," Lyon said and grabbed the bag.
"I'll take the cigarette," Ultear said and took the bag.
"I'll take the gun!" Mavis exclaimed and took the bag and we stared.
"Now we'll go home and hide these things ok?" Ultear said.
"Rogue you too because if you're here when they come asking and they will, they'll know he's here," Ultear ordered and then said that Minerva was to come with us.
"Night Natsu," I said and kissed him before closing the front door.
"What about Silver?" I asked.
"Actually he was the one who suggested we do this," Lyon said.
"Seriously?!"
"Yes."
I sighed and we entered our house, making sure Minerva was out of sight.
"Silver she's here," Mavis said and he walked out of the living room.
"Right well I say Minerva shares with Mavis ok?" He said and Mavis cheered.
"Sorry, I would've put you with Ultear but her rooms too small for a tall woman like you," Silver added and smiled.
"Thank you Silver, I appreciate it," Minerva said.
"No problem."
I watched as Mavis lead Minerva up and Ultear followed.
"Now boys listen up, Gray and Lyon I need you two to be on watch all day tomorrow ok?" He said and we nodded.
"And Rogue I need you to stay away from Sting, it's not permanent but it's safer." I saw Rogue look down but he agreed all the same.
"Right well I have to call somebody so goodnight boys," he said and we walked upstairs.
Lyon and I had shared a room since we were kids.
I sat on my bed and pulled off my shirt and jacket and shoes.
"It is rather odd isn't it?" Lyon said sitting on his own bed and pulling off his own upper clothing.
"Yeah it is, who would be crazy enough to kidnap people and then frame it on those two?" I replied.
"Well we can cross Shade off can't we?" He added
"Well that guy has been behind bars for months now."
"I suppose we'd better hide this stuff then," Lyon then stood up and grabbed the bag and I copied.
"You thinking what I'm thinking?" I said and smirked.
"I thought you'd never ask," he said and we opened the cupboard.
You see when Lyon and I were kids we had discovered that there was another small room behind the real one.
We hid stolen things in there and the best part was that you had to look really hard if you wanted to find it.
We opened it and put the bags in and hid them carefully just in case.

I'd like to see them try and find the bags.

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Another will be along as soon as possible so till next time! ^^