My New Home

I had been working for Harvey for nearly 2 weeks and it was... Interesting to say the least. My first paycheck would be coming this month and hopefully Id be able to leave Mikes place. It was nice though, there are perks. I get to have coffee pretty much whenever I want, Harvey always allows me to buy myself one when I get his, which is relatively every 3 hours. The man nearly works himself to death. Another perk is that I get to share this amazing office with him. I have a tiny mini lap top at the end of his desk, and believe me, sitting next to him gives me so many thoughts, especially when his knee accidentally rubs up on mine.

But all in all, most of the time I just grab him whatever he needs while we're in there, paper clips, files, you name it. Which was extremely boring. And finally, the last perk, I've made genuine friends. Donna treats me like a sister, or a daughter, sometimes they cross. She thinks I treat Harvey very well. Also, there's Mike, that's about as genuine as it gets. Rachel, Mikes... Well... Fling. She's darling, she's like my bff, the one you booty bump in the hallway and chuckle afterward like idiots.

Harvey though, I wasn't sure if we were really friends. It's hard to feel like a friend to your boss and I wasn't sure how Mike did it. Harvey was so unapproachable. I mean, maybe it had to do with my innocent crush on him, that mostly was about his dashing good looks. However, I mainly think it's because we hardly talk. We have nothing to talk about really. The most I hear from him is coffee or file.

I over hear him and Donna and their relationship makes me sort of jealous. Why couldn't him and I be as comfortable? Probably because she's been working for him for 7 years. Still, it was a bite in the ass. Everyone here was so friendly to him, well at least everyone I knew. Besides Louis. The weird guy who stares at me during my lunches with Harvey.

God! Even at lunch Harvey doesn't talk to me!!

We're sitting at his desk as he shuffles through paperwork, the case he currently is working in has to do with someone's copy rights. I clear my throat and begin looking for apartments, something close to here that's not entirely run down.

And for the first time, I hear him talking to me. At first I thought it was all in my imagination but he really was talking to me. He calmly asks me again,

"What are you doing?" His tone was almost angry, like I shouldn't be looking for a place to live.

"Apartment searching?" I say quietly.

He shuts my laptop and just says, "no."

I turn to him and ask, "no?"

"You'll be living with me in 3 days, Ms. Grace. Clearly I hired someone who doesn't like to read." He says, turning away from his papers and giving me a glare.

I pull out my binder and re read my copy of the contract, it states that if I had made the job passed two weeks, my personal life term with him would begin, requiring me to live with the guy. Was he really that needy?

I couldn't object, I had signed my name. I had felt so silly.

"How could I have missed that?" I whisper, my hand against my forehead.

"I'm glad you did. Otherwise you probably wouldn't be in my office right now." He chuckles.

And actual chuckle, a real chuckle. Something I never knew Harvey Specter was capable of.

"In fact, I'd like to get you settled in tonight, if you don't mind. I have a date tonight and I need someone to get her out in the morning so I can stick to my dawn routine." This guy was so... I couldn't even describe it, I couldn't find the word.

"Anal." He speaks.

My eyes widen.

"Excuse me?! Mr. Specter, I-"