A War

It had been 2 months since I moved out of Harvey's place. We were hardly ever in the office at the same time and I had gotten my very own spot next to Donna at her desk. As for the charity event, he took Dana, and I was here with a dress hanging in my closet along with its tension of memories.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Harvey's gremlin." Jessica smirks down at me as I jot down the last phone number I had to call in order to find Harvey his new bedding.

"Good morning, Ms. Pearson." I smile up at her and stand up to greet her.

"Would you follow me into my office?" She asks, looking back and forth for what I assume was Donna.

She would never let Jessica steal me away.

"Sure." I say, following Jessica closely.

Were greeted with Louis Litt. A man I had only ever encountered three times, this being the fourth. We never really said much, hellos and goodbyes and occasionally he's thrown an insult my way to get back to Harvey like a mediator.

"Why are you with Jessica? Wouldn't Harvey be pissed if you switched sides?" Louis asks with a smirk on his face. He loved Harvey's dismay.

"What?" I ask as he walks away. What was that about?

I walk into Jessica's office and she hands me a load of papers. I pick them up and begin to read.

"What's this?"

"It's to add on another year of yours and Harvey's contract, only with a twist. We want you to not only work for Harvey, but also as the front desk receptionist."

"Is Harvey okay with this?" I ask with a tinge of suspicion.

"He insisted. He felt it would give you more to do, especially at times where he doesn't need you on his beck and call."

I really would enjoy the job, but that locks me down to Harvey for another year too. Was I really okay with that? I was very close to being done with my first year, and I was counting down the days until I finished my second. But now there'd be a third. After the third though, maybe I could completely tear apart from Harvey and just work for the firm itself. That in itself sounded dreamy and no one knew Harvey and I weren't on very good terms. So, I once again signed my name off to the devil.

The handsome devil. Oh, and Jessica.

"Glad to know your loyalty will be put to good use." Jessica says as she takes back the papers, putting them away after faxing them to Harvey's office.

I made my way back to my desk, Harvey still out of his office somewhere. I begin to dial the last number I had found when I hear a gentle and kind clear of a throat. I look up and see Scottie.

"Where's Harvey?" She asks, as if I really knew anything.

"Harvey and I have sent each other exactly 10 e-mails in the last two months, and you expect me to know where he is? You'd have better luck asking Donna."

"I... You're right." She sighs, sitting in Donnas chair.

"I didn't ask you to sit but.... Okay." I grunt.

She's silently weeping, I watch as her back jumps up and down rapidly, her head in her hands.

I wanted to bite my tongue, I really did, but I couldn't, I wasn't that cruel.

"What did he do?" I ask with a slight roll of my eyes.

I slide my chair next to hers and wrap an arm around her back.

"He's hiding something from me... About Mike. It's been nagging at me and tearing us apart. I want no secrets, I want to move forward-"

I cut her off a lowly yell, "then move forward."