Kicked Out

Days after Donna had quit and Harvey was still speechless. He hasn't spoken much in days and every night at home had been silent.

In all honesty, the desk felt bare. I sat down and looked around me, noticing Donna come through the elevator doors, not even making eye contact before heading to Louis's office.

I sigh heavily and put my head in my hands,

"What the hell." I whisper to myself, trying to hold back tears.

Did I just lose my best friend?

"Ms. Grace. My office please?" I notice Harvey's voice come from above me.

I jolt up, kind of shocked that he had called me Ms. Grace. I knew this wasn't going to be a good chat.

I get up reluctantly and stroll into his office behind him.

"Yes?" I ask, hearing my voice crack.

Harvey just stares at me for a moment, putting his fingers to his lips.

"I lost Donna." He says softly before standing up and walking to me, a small stack of papers in his hands.

"She feels replaced, Ms. Grace. Jealous even." I watch him furrow his brows before taking the stacks of paper and tearing them apart.

I knew what it was, as those papers tore so did my heart.

How? After all of this, could Harvey pull something like before.

I hear the papers fall to the floor.

"Harvey..." I whisper, leaning down to pick up the pieces of my contract.

"Don't pick those damn papers up, Carmen." Harvey grunts.

I stand up and twiddle my fingers, feeling the fabric of my dress. I watch Harvey walk back to his desk and I guess I had to stand up to him, boyfriend or not. He wasn't playing Mr. Specter with me today.

I walk up to him and pick up a signed baseball, spinning it while I examine the thing. Harvey watches me intently.

"So... Does that mean we're breaking up? We made it what, a whole couple of weeks?" I ask, clenching my jaw.

"Ms. Grac-"

"Enough! Enough 'Ms. Grace'! You REALLY had me going Harvey! You turned around tremendously, only to tear my contract because of a fling you once had with Donna, which, may I remind, she was my BEST friend. You aren't the only one who lost Donna. And she kept telling me I was lying to myself because I didn't want to love you, but I do. Little did she know that she did too. And what? That's my fault? I'm sick of your bullshit, Harvey. And I am DAMN glad to wash my hands of you."

"CARMEN WE ARE NOT BREAKING UP I JUST... I need... I need space. I'm not handling this well. And the contract I tore was just.. The living arrangement."

"You're... Kicking me out?" I ask, curling my tongue.

I still felt pissed. Was this always going to be a regular thing?

"Fine." I growl, walking out of that office with my best interest in mind.

I plop back down onto my chair and begin arranging Harveys emails, typing furiously.

"Hi?" I hear Mike.

I look up and couldn't even control that tear were falling down my cheeks.

"Harvey's taking it out in you, isn't he?" Mike asks, coming to lean against the desk beside me.

"Why is he so difficult to be with? I don't know if I can take much more, Mike. Is it even worth it?"

Mike smiles down at me and wipes a tear from my cheek, shrugging.

"Carmen, do you love the guy?" He asks simply.

"Yes."

"Then it's worth it. He's not an easy guy to crack right away. But, Donna was important to him. In a way that's losing family to him. And, starting out fresh in a relationship, it's probably better not to live together."

"How did you-"

"Harvey told Donna. He's trying to make anything better between them without losing you. But, if it's any conciliation, he told her he would never leave you and that her reaction was childish. Then she hung up on him."

I sigh heavily and thank Mike.

"In the mean time, Rach is looking for a roomy."

"And why can't I live with you again? Is it the stripper thing?" I chuckle.

"Still weird to see you in lingerie. You're like my sister." Mike laughs, getting up from my desk.

"Carmen, could you please run these files to Jessica." Harvey asks from his intercom.

"On it." I say softly, Mile having calmed me down.

There was thing Harvey couldn't run away from though, without Donna he was forced to work with me more often. It may sound silly but in a way, that was special.

I go into his office and go to take the files and he grip my hand, smiling up at me.

"I love you, Carmen." He reminds me.

"I love you too. And... I respect your feelings. I guess. I'll be staying with Rachel for a bit."

I lean down to kiss him on the cheek and I immediately feel his skin warm underneath my lips.

"You're beautiful." He whispers.

I bite my lip, knowing that if I stayed it would end with me on the couch behind us. Harvey hadn't touched me even since Donna left.

"I'll... See you in a bit." I chuckle, rushing out of there only to run straight into Donna.

"Donna! I-"

"Don't. Talk to me. Ever."