Case Affairs

CARMENS POV:

I woke up to the smell of cinnamon. Strange..

After I had gotten ready for the day, Harvey was no where to be found, but, he made me breakfast, and it was nearly set out on the table with a note,

I'd like you to work from home today, clean up the apartment and throw out all of that lingerie. I'm also waiting on a package, it's for you, so I'd like you to open it as soon as it arrives, take any phone calls and treat yourself to lunch, this will be your easiest day - Specter

He made me breakfast and gave me a day... But, throw out all of my lingerie? I wasn't sure if I was ready for that, you never knew when you'd need it. But he was my boss and I was under contract, he wasn't, and if it was an order I better do it, better that than my job.

I reluctantly walk into my room, putting on comfortable clothes, yoga shorts and a plain pink shirt. I start cleaning in my room and work my way through the place into Harvey's room. I had hidden away a single set of lingerie to keep, the one Harvey had seen me in. It was my personal favorite and I couldn't part with it. After all was done I decided to take a bath in the most marvelous of baths. It was a huge ceramic tub with large legs underneath. The water fell into the tub like a waterfall and he had all different sorts of scented bubble baths. I chose lavender.

As soon as I got out of the tub my phone began to ring. I half expected it to be Harvey but it was Mike.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Meet me and Rach for lunch. At Bon Louange." He stated before hanging up. He sounded so serious.

As soon as I arrived, still in my most casual attire, they wave me over and I see they've already gotten salad to begin with. I sit down quickly and they notice what I'm wearing. I suppose it's not the best thing for a five star restaurant...

"I take it you're not at the office today?" Mike chuckles.

"Hey, don't judge, this is a benefit of working from home." I remark.

"Well, Harvey's been really stressed out today. And I kind of feel like it's your fault."

"I kind of told him about my previous job... And not in the best way." I say softly, shuffling my feet.

"What way?" Mike asks.

"I kind of came out of my room in lingerie." I mutter.

Rachel's jaw drops and Mike starts laughing.

"Well, it's not smart to do that sort of thing in front of a guy like Harvey. Here I thought he was stressed but he's actually sexually frustrated!" Mike is laughing so hard that he smacks his knee like a hill billy.

"Why'd you do that?" Rachel barks, holding her head in her hands in embarrassment for me.

"Cause a guy can't be mad at a girl dressed like that."

Mike stops laughing and just nods in agreement, earning a chest smack from Rachel.

"What do I do guys?" I ask, biting my lip and searching my own brain.

"Well he's not going to fire you. I mean, he likes you, and that's obvious cause he is trying his best not to make a move. So, just pretend it didn't happen and just be a kiss ass." Rachel was always so smart.

After lunch, I decided I'd go and see Harvey, bring him some food. I ordered tortellini before I had left and was in a hurry to get it to him. I ride back with Mike and Rachel and as soon as I bounce into Harvey's office, I'm met with a death stare.

"What are you wearing?" He barks.

I look down and blush like I had just spray painted my face red.

"Oh my god I'm in the office!" I semi shout and shield myself behind his desk.

He looks down at me and smiles. God he was so hot. Seriously. Just kill me.

"Better than what I had on last night, right?" I ask with a chuckle.

His face then goes straight and serious, his cheeks lighting up. Was he embarrassed? He was!

"You're blushing." I state, pointing at his skin.

"What are you doing here? I told you to stay home."

Home. I still couldn't fathom that we lived together.

"Oh! I... I brought you lunch." I say, placing the food on the table.

He nods to me and says thank you, before returning to his work. It was very typical of him. I slink beside him and read the case over his shoulder.

"Oh! I love that song! I bought tickets to see them next weekend."

Harvey whips around and catches me by my hips before I fall. Once he notices the position, I fall to the ground.

"You're taking Mike with you." He says clearly, standing up to help me to my feet.

"I bought them for me and Rachel." I pout.

"Please. They're still fairly local, try and get backstage, do whatever you have to do so that they talk to Mike."

"Fine."

"Also, strange taste in music."

"You're talking to me about strange taste in music? I cleaned your collection this morning." I chuckle.

We sit there and stare at each other for a moment and suddenly Donna bursts in. Harvey jolts away but I just stand there, was Harvey staring at me?

"Hi?" She asks and Harvey comes right for her, pushing her out of the office and into the hall.

They walk together and I decide to do some snooping on the case..

They weren't the originators of the song "Believe" yet, the woman, Leslie Spikes, gave it to them in free will with no written contract, yet she is now saying they stole it from her. I was so lost. It couldn't be true, they had an entire album released just a year ago. And it was huge.

Then, lower in the notes, I found something.

Leslie was living with the singer, Gwen, and three months following her moving in, she was divorced from them husband, Nick. They had been married for 3 years and the separation was due to adultery.

Leslie then moved out of the singers apartment in late December of that same year, 6 months before albums release.

To me, this indicates a relationship. Between Leslie and Gwen, and not just as roommates. As lovers...

Harvey walks back in and I slap the folder shut.

"What are you doing?" He barks, rushing up and grabbing the folder.

"Harvey, I can't prove it, but I think Gwen and Leslie had an affair. Leslie must have realized Gwen was using her for her ability to write music, and she must have taken all of her things and left. After Leslie moved out, she must've forgotten a few things.. Gwen must have found the song and as revenge over Leslie dumping her, used it on the album. It wasn't given to Gwen at all. She found it. That's the only way Leslie's statement against theirs could be true. I'm not sure if that's still considered steal-"

Harvey picks me up and spins me around.

"Yes! That's brilliant!" He shouts, putting me down.

That felt great, wrapped up in his arms.

"How do you know? You and Mike would have to prove it, I can talk to Leslie, but you guys have to talk to Gwen." I'm on my very first mission at Pearson-Hardman and it felt like I was actually useful.

"Because she randomly moves in with a girl 3 months prior to her divorce and said girl leaves a few months later. You ask her why she moved out and I'll try and get Gwen to reveal orientation or past relationships. I mean, Mike and I don't look like lawyers right? I'll wear a bug or something."

Harvey has the most wicked grin, and I wished he'd reward me with a kiss.

"I'll see you at home." He says to me, rubbing my arm and walking back to his desk.