Breaking Up

I was at my lowest low... I sat in the tub at Donnas place, crying harder than I have ever before. I was listening to Gabrielle Aplin on repeat, a glass of moscato in my palm and lavender bubble bath wafting through the air.

I had tons of candles lit, so when the lights flickered on, I was shocked.

"Donna!" I shout, changing my position so that my naked body was covered in suds.

"Okay. Girl." She says, pressing pause on my laptop.

"It's not the end of the world, okay? Harvey has no say in where you live and quite honestly, I like having you as a roommate." She smiles.

"But if you keep doing this," she motions to my bath, "I'm gonna throw up."

"I don't know what to do, Donna."

"Why don't you know what to do?" She asks, raising a brow.

"I don't want to work for anyone but Harvey."

"Why not?"

"Because Jessica lied."

"Any other reason?"

"Harvey's easy to work for."

"We both know that's bullshit." Donna chuckles.

"What are you saying, Donna?" I growl.

"You like him, might even possibly love him."

"Love him?! After all he's put me through?!"

"Especially after that." Donna retorts.

"Donna. Even if you're right, he has Scottie. And I don't want to just go back to normal and act like nothing happened. I want him to apologize for making me feel like shit on an almost daily basis. It's not fixable Donna, let me cope." I say, about to take another sip of my wine.

"Then make him work for it!" She shouts, smacking the glass from my hand.

"Donna! My moscato!"

"You tell him how you feel and if he reciprocates, make him fix it!"

"Donna, that's impossible. He's dating Scottie."

"God, Carmen! She dumped him this morning!"

So there was a reason he was pissed to begin with.

"He's mad because his fall back is leaving." I grunt.

"HES MAD BECAUSE HIS GO TO IS LEAVING! NOT MY WORK, NOT OUR FRIENDSHIP, BUT BECAUSE HE HAS NO LAY!" I get out of the tub in a swift movement, placing a towel over me.

I call Ray, and he answers almost immediately.

"Ms. Grace?" He asks, surprised to hear from me.

"Pick me up from Donnas, I need to speak with Harvey."

"It's not a good time, Ms. Grace. I'm bringing Ms. Scott to the airport."

"Pick me up after." I sigh.

"Alright, I'll be there at 9pm."

"Thank you, Ray." I hang up the phone and quickly head to Donnas room to get ready.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Donna bites her lip as I get ready, unsure whether or not I should confront Harvey.

"I don't know what else to do. I either tell him everything now, how bad he's hurt me, or never tell him at all. It's so fresh in my brain. I need to get it out now."

Donna shrugs and hands me the beautiful dress I never got to wear to the charity event. It was almost gathering dust.

"For dramatic effect." She winks.