The Day Off

I never expected to wake up with Harvey's shoes and brief case still in front of the doorway. I began to get ready for work, making sure I was prim and proper for the day, when I'm greeted by a lovely Harvey Specter in boxers and a t-shirt outside my bedroom door.

"Hi! Oh... Hi." I blush, shielding my eyes.

"Nothing you haven't seen Carmen, now take off your clothes, we're having a day off. To ourselves."

Harvey never took days off.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I ask.

Harvey comes up to me and kisses my cheek, peeling off my blazer.

"Put on something comfortable. We've got some errands to run and some coffee to get. I'm positive that it's a great idea." He smiles and hangs my blazer from his pointer finger and reluctantly, I listen.

My phone buzzes as I'm changing, it's from Donna.

*Both took today off? Hope you have energy for tomorrow ;)*

Oh, Donna.

When I step back out my room in a pair of jeans, a scarf and a sweater, I notice Harvey wearing his typical long sleeve thermal and slightly rustic jeans.

"You look lovely." He says, taking my hand and leading me out the door.

"Where are we going, exactly?" I ask.

"I thought you were going to tell me." He states bluntly, opening Rays door for me.

"Oh?"

"I'm kidding. But, it's a surprise. Ray, Lighthouse first, please."

I sit silently as Harvey reads his emails. Why was he taking a day off when he seemed so busy? Something in my gut didn't feel right.

"We really should be working. Honestly, if there's something we need to do we can easily head to the office."

"Carmen, I don't 'head to the office' like this, also, quit worrying. I'm a big boy, I promise." He chuckles.

"Believe me, I know." I sigh, realizing the unintentional innuendo.

I look at Harvey who has a large smirk, raising a brow.

"I didn't... I didn't mean..."

"It's alright." Harvey smiles, leaning his head backward until Ray hits the brakes.

Harvey's he's hits the back seat harder and I can't help but laugh.

"What the hell?"

"Sorry boss, some woman walked out in front of me.

"Oooo! This car is so nice!" We hear from outside.

I recognized the voice. It was Jillian.

I suddenly felt my world crumble. If she saw me with Harvey then she'd know who my boss was...

"C'mon." Harvey grunts, tugging at me.

I reluctantly get out of the car, trying to shield my face by staring down at my phone.

"Harvey Specter! Shouldn't have expected anything more!" She shouts, and Harvey, being the well customer service based lawyer he is, goes to greet her. And I've got to follow. I turn to them and as soon as I face Jillian, her smile fades.

"Carmen?"

Harvey's smile also drops, he wasn't aware Jillian was going to put two and two together.

"Lovely seeing you." He nods toward her and she storms off.

Shit.

I ignore my phone as it blows up.