Donna

The next day was like a dream come true. I woke up next to Harvey, who was just smiling at me.

I push my hand into his face and he kisses my fingers.

"We've got to get to the office. Our meeting with the opposing team against Polar is in a couple hours and I need to go over every detail of the case." There he was, back in Mr. Specter mode.

I smack my forehead, realizing Jillian was still a problem I had yet to face. It could very well get us into a lot of trouble, and her being Fred Mastersons personal assistant probably meant that I'd be seeing her today.

"You will be fine. We're helping them and that should be all that matters to her." Harvey says as he stands, pulling in his suit.

"How do you know everything in thinking?" I get up from the bed as well, trailing over to my bedroom.

"Because you're my best friend." Harvey smiles.

I give him a dumb look, I couldn't believe how cheesy that was.

He looks at me, then across the hall to my room. Harvey does this multiple times until he is shaking his head.

"We're moving your things into my room tonight."

I can't help but stifle a laugh.

"What?" Harvey asks.

"Don't you think it's a little soon for us to be moving in together?" I wink.

"Your sarcasm is something I hate."

"I think you meant love." I giggle.

Before anything else came out of me, Harveys lips are quickly suctioned to mine and my knees get weak.

This was my boyfriend. He was actually dating me. Not fucking me. Dating me. How did I score a rich, successful, somewhat deceitful lawyer with good looks and a gritty personality?

"Go get ready."

"Yes, Mr. Specter." I smile.

I head to my closet, trying to pick out the perfect thing to wear but my mind was still racing. He was all mine. I bite my lips just at the thought and can't help but let out a girlish squeal.

When I'm done internally fan girling, I find the dress I was destined to wear today. A nude dress with all off white accessories.

"Ray is ready when you-" Harvey was fixing his cuffs as he spoke but stopped when he saw me.

"You're wearing-"

"Yeah. I am. I thought it would be a good luck charm for today." I shrug.

It was the dress he had boughten me for the benefit. The one I had never worn. I never got to. But today was something to celebrate.

Harvey finished fixing his cuff links,m and takes my hand, holding it as we walk down the hall of the building, holding it in the elevator, and holding it all the way out to the car. This man was too sweet.

We slide into the backseat, Ray pushing his sunglasses down to the tip of his nose to get a good look at us.

"I was waiting for the day."

"Get us to work, Ray." Harvey spoke.

When he was Mr. Specter, he was really Mr. Specter.

It kind of scared me, mostly because this could mean terrible things for me. Us being in a relationship was a battle in his head, and I knew it. It was a struggle. Because there's a fine line about having two personalities, and that is simply that one is stronger than the other. For Harvey, it was Mr. Specter.

Let me just say too, Mr. Specter cares about me, but not enough. That's what scares me the most.

The car halts and I look out the window. We were already there. I almost felt strange walking in there, especially when Harvey still insisted on holding my hand, all the way in, all the way up.

"I.. Don't know." I say, shaking my hand from his.

Harvey grips it again.

"Carmen. I want them to know." Harvey smiles, looking away from me as the elevator doors open. Turning out of the elevator, for the first time, was the most accelerating experience I ever had in this building.

I was walking in holding Harveys hand. You wouldn't believe it, but everyone noticed. I saw looks of jealousy, looks of happiness, looks of sickness, everyone was baffled, especially when Harvey kisses my cheek before heading into his office, me taking my rightful place next to Donna.

However, she wasn't here yet, and I was so confused as to why. Her stuff looked like it had been missing, at least some of it.

I look around, how had Harvey not noticed she wasn't here yet? He was working in the case, his mind must just be too busy.

Finally, across the way toward Louis' office, I see her coming, faster than I could've expected.

"Donna?" I ask.

Donna smiles warmly and pretends like she wasn't just off doing something completely random.

"Where were yo-" I start to ask, but of course, she changes subject.

"How's being back at Harveys?" She asks, seemingly out of breath.

I was so excited to blab everything to her that I didn't even notice how sketchy she was being.

"He asked me to go steady." I say like I just won a championship and was bragging.

"Congrats." Donna rolls her eyes.

What was going in with her?

"There's a meeting with Pol-"

"Polar, in 37 minutes. I'm well aware." She wouldn't even look at me, she was pounding in her keyboard. Emailing Louis. I couldn't read anything, nothing. All I could see was his address.

I turn away, both of us warped in our own work. Me helping Harvey sort out every bit of defense he has, Donna doing whatever she was doing. When suddenly, a throat clear above us. Only a damn week or two after the break up and here she is, a wicked grin on her face.

"I'm here for the meeting." Scotties voice kills me, every inch of me.

I wasn't prepared for her return and as much as Donna seemed to not like me right now, she wasn't either.

"What meeting are you concerned with?" Donna asks.

"Don't play dumb." Scottie sighs, smiling as she walks herself into the only open conference room.

"Donna, this isn't-"

"Good." Donna looks at me.

For the first time EVER, I saw pain in her eyes. Hatred. Also, worry. I wasn't entirely sure what was wrong but I hate a pretty good hint. She was jealous of me, jealous of Scottie, and she was going to do something about it. One thing was for sure though, we both knew that this meeting was not going to end well. Harvey is bound to get defensive.

"I'll rearrange these in the order of which I think Scottie will jab at him and you... Since you're Harveys.... Girlfriend.. I want you to be the one to break the news." Donna says to me.

This was also a first for Donna. Letting me give Harvey the heads up. That was her thing, to warn him of dangers ahead.

"I'm scared of him when he works."

"Carmen. I promise you that Harvey will appreciate the warning. Whether it's right now or later on." She smiles at me, a tiny amount of tears brimming her eyes.

Well, it's now or never. However, my main concern right now was whether or not my relationship with Harvey was waging war against my friendship with Donna.