Love

I stepped into the office, signing the newly written contract that was on my desk. I was going to work for Harvey for another two years and I was semi pleased with it. I had rejected him last night and maybe one day he'll realize he has to do something to win me over, possibly like be ready for commitment.

"I take it things went well last night." Donna says, dropping her things beside her and placing her coffee next to her keyboard.

"Why do you say that?" I chuckle.

I feel her finger tips on my chin and as she turns my head to face near the elevators, I see Harvey coming down the hall with a big grin on his face.

I roll my eyes.

"I slapped him last night."

"You what?!" Donna asks, but quickly shuts her mouth as Harvey approaches us.

I hand him the receipt I had gotten after purchasing his new bedding.

"Donna." He nods, taking the receipt and stuffing it into his suit.

"Carmen." He smiles warmly, leaning down to kiss me on the cheek.

I blush furiously, my whole face turning crimson.

Harvey trails off into his office.

"What happened?!" Donna grins at me and sits politely in her chair, her chin in her palm.

"I don't want to talk about it Donna."

"Please?" She pleads, giving me her puppy dog eyes.

I sigh, "fine. He said some sweet things, made it clear he doesn't want a relationship, then made a move on me and it ended on decent enough terms for me to show up the next day. But I slapped him for even thinking about kissing me."

"Sweet things? What sweet things? Harvey doesn't say sweet things."

"When he's drunk, he does, yeah. He told me he loved me..." I laugh, yet Donna isnt smiling with me. Her face is straight and stern.

"Why aren't you ha-ha-ing with me?" I ask.

"Did he say the relationship stuff before or after I love you?"

"After, but I don't see what that has-"

"He's waiting for you to say it back."

"Donna, that's ridiculous. You may know Harvey very well, but not well enough."

"Whatever you say." She mutters, smacking her lips and turning to her computer.

Donna couldn't be right, could she?

Do I even love Harvey? He's never been good to me, in fact he was almost like an infection.

----------------------------------------------------

Lunch time finally rolled around and I was starving. I met up with Mike at his desk, staring at him impatiently while he typed.

"Yes, Carmen?" He asks with a smile.

"Let's get food. Hot dog stand? I'm starving." I groan, leaning my back against his cubicle.

"Fine. Just let me finish typing up this claim." He mutters, typing furiously.

Rachel soon walks passed us, smiling warily at me.

"Hey." I say softly.

"Hi." She tucks a piece of hair behind her ear and leans against Mikes cubicle with me.

"I'm sorry...." I say with a low voice, almost ashamed of myself.

"It's alright. I deserved it. So... Working for Harvey for another two years? How's the break up with Scottie going?" She asks.