Gin and Tonic

I walk into the office, my head down as I pass a group of paralegals, one of them being Rachel. She squeezes out of the pack and peels up beside me, walking as fast paced as I had been.

"Harvey is not in a good mood today so... I advise-"

I whip around to face her, glaring.

"I advise you not to advise me anything. I know how Harvey is, I know why he's mad. It's my fault. I can take the heat." Rachel's face is confused.

Since when did I lash out like that, ever? I felt myself turning into Harvey, I was slowly slipping from myself.

I was giving Rachel heat, I was lying through my teeth to Jillian, I was pissed off about Zoe, which I shouldn't be, lastly, all I wanted to do was talk to Mike.

I grip Rachel's hand and whisper to her that I'm sorry and continue to head to Harvey's office. As soon as I walk in, let's just say, I was the last person who was supposed to.

"You told Jillian you worked for the firm." He says, his back to me as he gazes out of the window.

"Yes." I say with a strong sense of self.

I was not going to let him win the battle this time.

"Why did you do that, Ms. Grace?" Why was he so calm?

"Because she was very sweet."

Harvey turns around with a smirk, chuckling to himself, and just like that, his smile turned sour.

"That's NOT what I SENT you there to do! I did NOT SEND YOU THERE TO MAKE FRIENDS!" Harvey screams, smacking his hands on his desk.

Rachel was right, he's never been this angry with me. Not once. I had told myself, walking into this office, that I wouldn't let him win.

I approach him slowly and he steps away with each placement I make.

"Technically, Mr. Specter, you did." I watch Harvey's jaw clench when I say this and he is livid with me.

"Don't you dare twist my words." He mutters through his teeth, stepping toward me until he is inches away.

"I have half the mind to fire you."

"You wouldn't dare." I growl back, our voices barely a whisper.

Beneath us I notice his fists clenching, his face was flushed and he quickly lost himself.

"You, Ms. Grace, don't ever tell me what I will and will not do."

"What are you going to do, Mr. Specter?" I ask passive aggressively.

"I am severely close to tearing apart our contract."

"I love the smell of freedom in the morning." I smirk back at him and try to walk away but he grips my wrist.

"Did you tell her who you worked for?" Oh?

Now he switches the subject on me. I knew he could never fire me. Deep down inside Harvey, he liked me too much for his own good.

"No. Idiot." I grunt and pull my wrist roughly from his hand.

"What is this case about? Why are they trying to frame the owner with an affair involving Jillian?"

"His soon to be ex wife is trying to take entirety of the company. If adultery was committed majority of the business goes to her."

"Alright." I say, about to leave the office.

"Ms. Grace?" Harvey asks.

"Yes, Mr. Specter?"

"I've got a date tonight, please bring to the office my casuals, along with my jacket."