Scottie

The night ended beautifully. We got our proof recorded and Harvey and I were both a bit stoned and a little drunk. After rejecting Harvey all night however, he was slightly upset. He kissed my forehead goodnight and went to his room.

I didn't follow. I wasn't sure what we were, what we decided. Right now, it was just friend with benefits and not to mention, a complete secret.

I call Donna as soon as possible and tell her everything.

"Oh yeah, I remember the time we got together." She sighs, reliving old memories with Harvey.

I didn't once put passed her that her and Harvey had slept together. I always had an underlying feeling that they had a short past.

"He seems weird tonight." I mumble into the phone, twirling my hair.

"Well, of course he does, it's the 27th." She knew so much about Harvey that I didn't.
Maybe it's because I refused to look into the past, wanting to focus on the present.

"And?" I ask as I hear a knock on our front door.

Harvey must be exhausted and being the good PA I am, I get up to get the door, bringing Donna with me on the other end of the receiver.

"Well, back at Harvard he thought he had met the love of his life, today's the anniversary of her sleeping with him and then telling him she's engaged. You know, that hits home for Harvey."

"Jesus. Especially considering his past." I mumble as I fidget with the locks on the door.

I open up expecting Mike, or Donna with a congratulatory bottle of wine. Instead, I'm greeted with a beautiful, slim, brow haired doll.

"Donna. I'll call you back."

"Who's at the door?" She asks.

"I don't know." Before Donna can say anything else I hang up the phone.

"I'm sorry. It's late. And... He's obviously got company."

"I'm permanent company." I growl quickly.

She looks down and blushes.

"Didn't know Harvey had settled down." She whispers, her eyes tearing up.

I felt incredibly guilty.

I rub the back of my neck and let her in. The woman before me takes gradual baby like steps to match the doll look she equipped.

"Permanent company as in Harvey is my boss. I'm a live-in PA. Nothing else." Saying nothing else didn't feel like an entire lie, I wasn't sure what was going on with me and Harvey and it was to be kept under wraps. No one but Donna could know, even if it was a total stranger, because I respected Harvey.

"Is he home?" She asks.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and nod.

"Wait here." I say softly, creeping into Harvey's bedroom as quietly as possible.

"Mr. Specter?" I whisper.

I hear Harvey's short breaths and knew I'd be in a hell of a lot of trouble if I woke him up.

She was already in the house though, what else could I do?

"Mr. Specter?" I choked up a little louder.

Still, he was swept up in sleep.

I grunt, anxious to know who that woman was and I grab a pillow, smacking him awake with a loud,

"Harvey!"

He jolts up and grabs my wrist.

"I'm not in the mo-" I cover his mouth.