I'm Your King

CARMENS POV:

I flopped down on Mikes couch, waiting for a text back from Star. Of course I was asking for my job back, the money I got from Harvey was only manageable through stripping. Opening up Mikes laptop, I search for apartments. I was suddenly saddened. Nothing would compare to the condo and luxurious tub. Nothing.

I tried hard not to think of Harvey. I occupied myself in video games, a little bit of Mikes weed, a few beers and, well, I sat there in my lingerie. It felt defiant of Harvey's wishes.

"You know, you can't sit on my couch like that all day. It's gross." Mike said, completely unphased by my half naked body.

"Guys sit in their boxers." I reply, shrugging at him and smoking another hit of weed.

"Okay! I'm not letting you do this!" He comes to me and rips the joint out of my mouth.

"Hey!" I shout.

"I'm not playing this game, you need to figure your shut out within a few days, either with Harvey or the club, but I'm not letting you wallow!" He shouts at me.

Star texts back just in time, offering me to stay with her at her sisters. Obviously a rough patch with Josh. That was frequent.

"Fine." I growl at Mike, gathering my stuff, along with a long coat and storming out.

"I've got a place, and I've got a show. Star offered me my job back. Thanks for the fucking chill, Mike. It's been a shit of a month."

I'm about to leave when I realize, Harvey will come looking for my tickets to the Barboas show.

"Here." I say, smacking them into Mikes chest.

"Carmen, I didn't me-"

I slam the door shut, and I felt like never looking back.

HARVEYS POV:

"Ray, I need you to stop at Mikes." I howl to the front of the car.

Like clockwork, Ray pulls off, not even saying anything, not even thinking twice.

"Here, sir."

"Thank you. Wait right here. I shouldn't be long."

I rush up to the apartment, taking the stair case to his floor which seemed like a workout all in its own.

As soon as I burst through the doors, without knock and without warning, I smell a strong whiff of pot.

"Mike, again?" I ask with a short laugh.

"Carmen was smoking." He grunts, picking up beer bottles of many sorts.

I pick one up, placing a hand in my pocket.

"Was she now? Guessing she was drinking too?" I chuckle, looking at the bottle that I had in my hand. I wasn't much for beer, but this girl was drinking a mans beer and it made her slightly more intriguing.

Everything I thought I knew about her I didn't at all. She was soft around the edges and damaged on the inside. My exterior was entirely rough, she was my polar opposite.

"Well, she's got a show tonight, so.." Mikes boyish voice rang through my ears.

"Run that by me again?" I ask him, motioning him closer toward me.

"She's got a show tonight?" He looks at me confused.

"Isn't that a while from now?"

"Actually, she gave me the tickets.."