chapter-6 Marriage!!!!!

Its Friday morning....tomorrow is my engagement... And Shreya will be here by evening. All the preparations were going on very fast....I saw Abhay having his breakfast....I saw him just gave him a sad look which he returned with a small smile....my brain was having a different thoughts running inside it...'is he happy?' I questioned myself. The day is passing by very quickly, and my freedom is going to end..I thought to myself and sighed.

Shreya came by at the evening; i introduced her to all the family members. she came with all her makeup kit. She is a pro in doing make up. She does a simply splendid job and I really love it. My brain is going numb thinking about the future.

----------------------------------

Its Saturday - the engagement

I woke up at 4 in the morning. Arranged all the required items for the ritual. In Indian history they say that engagement is the three by fourth of our marriage. So if engaged then there will be no chance of escaping. I sighed and started waking up shreya. "Shreya...Shreya ..please wake up....its already time." I slowly patted her on her back. "Yaa...yes yes...I'm up...don't worry, you'll be done on time " she said while giving me an encouraging smile.

She applied some cream and done something to my face. "Done look at yourself in the mirror and say me if anything required" she said while turning my chair to face the mirror. "Wow..!!" I said while touching my face. " I'm looking like a real beauty " I said her by thanking her. "Thanks a lot shreya" I said her by hugging her. Tears started dwelling in my eyes ohh god I'm going to miss all these.

A small girl entered our room " di...di.. Every one are waiting for you" she said that with a dimple smile and ran downstairs . "so stay strong and bold. Never be scared of anything....we will handle it later" she said me while giving a assuring smile . I smiled at her weekly and started to go downstairs "common priya...smile" she said while emphasizing the word 'smile'. I nodded to her and went downstairs.

I was very nervous at what was happening . when downstairs the first person I looked at was abhay who sat near pandit performing pooja . there's this spark in his eyes which escaped in a fraction of second when he saw me. I couldn't understand what that meant. I sat beside him to perform the poja after some time the pandit handed us the rings which we have to make the other wear. I slides the ring thought the ring finger of abhay, and abhay did the same to me. So I'm engaged I thought to myself.

----------------------------------

Monday - marriage day

Its finally our marriage day, today I'm going to loose my freedom completely I though to myself. Every one were busy in the preparations and my parents and my sister seems to be very happy about everything going on , which is mainly lacking in me. "So di I'm very happy for you, you are going to be the wife of most handsome person soon" my sister said while giving a broad smile. You'll never know my problem I thought to my self while giving a satisfying smile to my sister. "Okay shreya di... Make my sister the most beautiful women with your make up" she said to shreya and left the room. Shreya gave an assuring smile to her.

Finally the moment has come and my heart beat is raising to its highest level....I can clearly hear my heartbeat. Shreya had done a splendid job doing a wonderful make up. I seem to be the most beautiful bride right now. She has done so much hard word for this make over. When I sat beside abhay for performing the ritual of marriage I can see everyone's eyes shining with happiness. I can see tears in my mother's eyes glittering . Soon i'm going to be Priya thakur from Priya sastry. The final moment has come, abhay tied the knot. I hold the mangal sutra in my hand and started staring at it. This is it, I lost my freedom completely, I thought to myself and tears started pricking my eyes.