Chapter - 42 HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!

Priya's POV

They both left very calmly with Shenaya's head hung low and Abhay sad! I couldn't make out what happened? Everything is just very absurd. Everything seems to be real and yet obscure. My heart strained every time Abhay's face constrained with the gloomy thoughts clouding his head.

He is very easy to read!

I tossed on my bed with the thoughts waging battle. What should I do now? How am I going to believe him? Every nerve in my body along with heart is urging to forgive and forget the past and proceed with a jubilant and lively future with the child on the way.

But my brain is restricting every thought possible making me numb with the conflicting feelings. Feelings seem realistic and unrealistic at the same time. With every, though my heart rate increased thumping loudly in its cage, safe and secure.

I grabbed my mobile to call my mom to speak something or the other or at least hear her banter casually. There have been some texts pending to be read in my inbox and few missed calls. I ignored every person possible to have some time to my thoughts.

I opened the inbox to read the texts and at least get diverted from his thoughts. The moment I opened the inbox, the waiting messages stared back at me as if weighing a heavy load. One single thread caught my eyes and my fingers involuntarily touched the thread opening it.

It was from Abhay and it really weighted as it contained a minimum of 300-400 messages. Curiosity took over me and I started reading them from the very beginning.

He explained how much he loves me and how much he cares for me. The way he missed our morning cuddles and our evening romantic dinners. Our movie night outs, my shopping spree. Everything, everything which we both have done together and everything I did. He never forgot anything.

The list goes on and on and every single message contained something painful or something which explains how distressed he is or how depressed he felt or else something very romantic we shared.

The moment I reached as half as many messages he sent, my heart and body took over my brain and without a single second neglected I took out my suitcase and packed the clothes clumsily in a hurry. Let everything and everyone go in the trench, I can never stay away from him. Everything is happening in a trance. Me packing clothes, rushing for my things, putting on a Capri under my oversized T-shirt and covered the above with a scarf and rushing towards the living room for exiting the apartment. I was literally running as if I slow down a single second then I would be dragged down into depths of a hollow space from which I can never come back from.

"where are you running?" Shreya asked lifting her head from the bundle of papers in front of her.

"away," I said in a hurry struggling with the shoes and my luggage from dragging.

"where Priya?" she asked standing up from the mess and coming towards me hurriedly.

"my husband, I can't stay away from him," I said wearing my shoes, fixing my luggage and rushed towards the elevator.

I can sense her smirk though I did not see her face. she didn't stop me later, just paved the way for my hurried exit to my love. I care less for any other person right now. The only person on my mind is my husband, lover – Abhay.

I am coming to Abhay. Even if you don't want me after what I have done I am coming back to you.

It was gloomy outside. I didn't even know what time it is. I just rushed out of the lobby with my luggage dragged on my floor making a screeching but bearable sound.

"Taxi!!!" I shouted to gain of attention of one or the other on the busy hectic traffic road. To my luck, two to three taxi came for my aid. I hopped into one and gave the address with celerity. The driver stared at me astoundingly at my attire and appearance.