Chapter-16 Love and Distress

Abhay's POV

We finally reached home. As soon as I opened the door Priya rushed inside. "Priya –" she went away into the kitchen without listening to me. I followed her inside swiftly.

"Priya I just wanted to speak with you about everything," I said her firmly. She didn't even respond to me and started to pick up the utensils. I swiftly pulled her towards me and caught her arm firmly forcing her to look at me. "Priya, goddamit. Look at me while I speak." I said her furiously. She glanced into my eyes expressionlessly and started to stare into them. "okay" she said in a monotone.

"come, priorly I will say about shenaya and I will clear out everything and then it will be your turn," I said making her sit. She just nodded to my statement. I started to explain each and everything which happened between me and shenaya and she just stared at me with a blank expression in her face. I couldn't even make out whether she is listening to me or lost in her own world.

"that's it Priya. Nothing more happened between us. It's just a matter of time. I didn't commit any kind of mistake with her." I said vigorously shaking her to make understand my feeling and the truth in my words.

"okay, Abhay." She said and started to adjust herself in the couch. "what? Just okay? I am here explaining everything to you to reduce the misunderstanding and you are just saying just an okay?" I paused. "what happened to you?"

"nothing Abhay." She said without looking at me. "then why aren't you showing any kind of expression?" I asked her with concern. "what should I show and expect from a husband who doesn't believe me and expects me to believe him?" I was awestruck with her question. Partially it was right. But I was so furious when she hugged another person that too in front of me.

"Priya, I am not asking you to believe me. I just wanted to say the truth which happened and doesn't want you to misunderstand." I said sternly forcing her to look at me. "okay" she said again which has just increased my anger to next levels. "oh Priya, just stop saying that stupid okay. You are just making it worse." I said catching her jaw firmly and forced to look at me which she was denying for the past few minutes. Few minutes she didn't budge then I increased the pressure which might have brought her back from her pool of thoughts.

"Abhay you are hurting me. just leave." She struggled. "okay Priya, it is completely your wish. My responsibility I have fulfilled and it now your turn to open up your beautiful and romantic love life before me." I said in a sarcastic tone. Furiously she shot a glance at me.

"Abhay there is really nothing going on between us both. He is just really my friend. I really wanted to introduce you to him but in a hurry, he pulled me away. Please believe me." she paused "you are making it sound as if I am cheating on you."

"Oh, Priya how am I looking to you? As a fool?" I shot a death glance at her. " I can see the sparks between you both. If you really wished to introduce me to him then you might have, but you didn't which only means one thing that you didn't want your secret lover to meet your husband which may cause many difficulties to you." I shot back at her with an evil grin.

"just think what you want Abhay. I don't want to argue with a person who can't even understand the difference between lovers and best friends." She sighed and got up to leave.

I pulled he immediately to sit which caused her to stumble and fall on me. "what the hell Abhay?" she shouted back at me coz of the position which we were lying in. "Abhay let me go. Don't touch my hair" She said again. I wasn't having any hold on her and she is shouting as if I wanted her to stay on me. I showed my empty hands to her when she found that her hair was stuck with my shirt buttons. 'stupid hair' i muttered under my breath. On hearing me she pulled away from me and hissed in pain. 'why is she behaving so rudely? Can't she wait for some time? Maybe because of the strength is given by her boyfriend she started to show her true self.' Different kinds of thoughts started to run in my brain. Anger started to bubble up. she started to leave. I furiously got up and ran after her. I pulled her towards me with a grip on her arm to make her face me.