Chapter - 37 What Have You Done To me?

Priya's POV

"no, he didn't." I panicked with my mobile shaking in my hand.

"Then maybe he is struck with work or perhaps traffic. There are many factors. Please don't worry. He will be back soon." He said with brief concern.

"No Sid, he will surely call me if he is late which didn't happen till now," I said with jitters.

"he left way early too. So don't panic. I will contact him." He said with assurance in his tone.

"But –-"I was interrupted with the doorbell. "Sid, I think he is home. I will call you back soon." I said hanging up on him.

Standing abruptly I ran towards the door with shear stress. I opened the door revealing drunken Abhay standing at the entrance balancing oneself by leaning onto the wall drowsily.

His shirt slightly wrinkled, tugged out from his trousers. Tie, hanging loosely around his neck. His hair messy with some chip pieces stuck in his hair, making it look nasty. Totally he looked a complete wreck of a person.

"Abhay?" I wrapped my arms around him overwhelmed and saving him from tumbling. He is drunk. I never knew Abhay would drink. But god! he is safe.

Carefully I dragged Abhay in with anger boiling inside me. He is drunk. God! He is drunk. I pulled away from his shoes and opened his tie unbuttoning his shirt. He is mumbling something.

"love you!" he was mumbling in his deep alcohol-induced slumber. Repeatedly he was mumbling the same thing. A small smile played across my lips with his words putting out the flames of anger started to ride me. They regard me.

His phone rung, interrupting me with the flow of warm feeling which is spreading through my heart making me feel so content and beautiful. The moment my eyes caught the caller id warm feeling is replaced by a cold threatening feeling.

Why is she calling? I picked up her call placing it near my ear with fear and uneasiness consuming me. "hello?" I answered hesitatingly.

"Hello, Abhay?" her voice slurry. "Abhay are you there?" she repeated.

"Hello, I am his wife," I answered with contempt.

"Oh! Did he reach home safely? Am sorry of course he would have or else why would I have to hear your slutty tone." She said still omitting some words.

"excuse me?" rage was filling up in me.

"Excused." She said and hung up on me without giving me a chance to respond. I slammed his mobile with flaring nose. How dare she? My level of anger is reaching level 10.

Was he drinking with her? his ex? How can he not inform me before stooping to that end?

Breathe in. breathe out. I calmed myself down wiping out the image of her from my brain.

Shenaya, till now you dealt with the soft side of me. From now on my devilish side is waiting for you.

I gulped down the whole glass of water in one go expecting to soothe my anger. Was he with her? yes! So only she called to ask about him. But why did he meet her? He said that everything is over between them, he was over her. Then why is he meeting her?

Is anything going on between them? Did he drink with her? But why? I felt like scratching my head and pulling my hair with all the insecurity forming in my head.

My eyes traveled towards Abhay face scanning his innocent, breathtaking features. Will he betray me? is he seeing Shenaya again? will he leave me for her?

Argg! My stupid messed up brain! I rested my head in my hand to control the furious evolution of thoughts in my head. It's just a simple meeting. Calm down! I assured myself crawling beside him into his embrace.