chapter - 17 My Apologies.

Abhay's POV

After all that what happened priorly I just went into my room to escape from the far worse. I didn't mean to hurt her in any way. I don't know whether I love her or not but I truly care for her.

I used to like her a lot back then. I wanted to be with her and protect her all the time that's why I begged my aunt to even stay with us so that I can be with Priya. I know that we had a past for which I had refused to marry her. It was way back when I was seventeen years when there was this boy with whom she used to hang out with. But I really didn't feel something good about him. Something was bothering me whenever I used to see her with him. I tried to warn her many times but she didn't even care about what I was saying.

After a few days, when I was passing by I saw her best friend with some boys in sort of a gang and was talking about some girl. Curious me, I went and secretly their conversation. Alas! He was speaking awe full about Priya. My blood started to boil hearing him say all those. Short tempered I am, I furiously made myself visible to him and punched him in his face. I smacked his face until I was satisfied that it was enough for what he spoke.

When I was back home, I saw everyone in the hallway and a bloodstained Raghav ( A/N – best friend of Priya) standing along with Priya.

"Abhay, what did you do to him?" my dad stopped me in my tracks, "ask him dad, not me. ask him what he spoke about Priya with his friends."

"uncle I was saying them how Priya and I became best friends and suddenly Abhay appeared and beat the shit out of me. I asked him why he was beating me. then he threatened me to stay away from Priya. He even threatened to kill me if I don't move aside and break my friendship with Priya which I seriously refused and again he beat the shit out of me." he said while crying out the fake tears.

I was dumbstruck with his white lies and blankly stared at him. "are you sure Abhay you did all those?" my dad asked. "dad –"I was cut off when Priya said "of course uncle why will my friend lie about it. I'm sure that Abhay has done all those. After all, he is of such kind." She said while giving me a disgusted look. I didn't utter a word when she was saying all those. I was broken with her words. I didn't even have a thought that all the time she has a very bad impression on me. it was a hard blow to me. I couldn't even utter a word. How my Priya didn't believe me? we both grew up together. I used to give much priority to her than anyone else. Why doesn't she understand me? does she hate me? I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't even hear my father.

"Abhay, is true?" he asked sternly. With my dad's seriousness, I sometimes get scared. I didn't say anything and stood before all of them idly looking at the floor. "uncle his silence only states that my friend is true." Priya again started to speak up against me. "Abhay, right now apologize to Raghav.NOW." my dad shouted at me.

I silently went towards Raghav and apologized to him for my behavior being rude which isn't. After that, I just left all of them and went away to my room. One month continuously I avoided everyone in the family. I used to mind my work and stay in my room. I didn't think that everyone has that kind of opinion on me. Yes, I do believe that I am short tempered but I didn't hit anyone without a cause. No one in this house believed me and never had a good opinion on me. I found that out after this incident. They say that the true form of a person gets revealed at our adverse times. This situation proves that saying. From then I never even bothered to greet anyone. I completely avoided Priya.

One day when I was entering home I saw Priya and some of our family members in the hallway. I didn't want to ask about the matter and I was on my way to my room, none stopped me to explain the matter. So, I was just leaving when I heard someone sobbing. I turned towards the source and it was from Priya. My instincts pulled me downstairs to inquire about the situation. I right away asked what was happening.