MorningStar1399 (Danielle)

"10 Things About Me"

Since I also have a bio in one of the collections (not sure which), this information may be in duplicate.

1. I've been writing since first grade, and some of my teachers joked about looking for my bestseller at bookstores.

2. I've played the viola since fourth grade, guitar since eighth grade, and piano since my freshman year of high school. Oddly enough, my playing the viola makes it very difficult to read the treble and bass clefs because the viola reads the alto clef. Such confusion! I also sing, but I don't think I'm very good due to people telling me I'm "singing too high" or to "shut up" because I'm "giving them a headache." So I haven't sung much for people. But I have an open invitation to sing with a choir class during my study hall, so that should be interesting.

3. I am a senior in high school, and the whole idea of the "real world" is quite frightening.

4. I have a generalized anxiety disorder and a pervasive depressive disorder (PDD), for which medication has been prescribed (and it's definitely working). I also have social anxiety. I therefore write to help express thoughts I otherwise cannot express.

5. The written word and music are two things I could not live without.

6. I act, and hope to make it a career. My best roles so far were Cinderella in a spoof off the classic tale (in which I had to have big feet instead of small feet, and I'm a size two) called Cinderella, Cinderella! and Beth in a production of Little Women. A really funny thing happened last spring, actually, where I had to play the gypsy for a children's play. Mind you, I'm mostly Irish. I think you can see how that was a laughing matter.

7. I have two cats: a fat orange tabby not named Garfield but Philip (I was about 3 years old when we got him, and obsessed with Sleeping Beauty) and a skinny grey tabby named Sasha (she was given to us by one of my teachers in third grade when one of her cats had kittens). They are obviously super cute in my opinion, but then again, all cats are! We have had more cats in my lifetime - a tuxedo named Mikey and a fat grey tabby named Mama Kitty - but sadly we had to put them down. Mikey's kidneys were failing, and Mama Kitty was very old and had arthritis. She couldn't jump, and when she wouldn't get up to try and make it to the litter box, my mom decided enough was enough and had her put down because it wasn't fair to make her suffer like that.

8. I know I spell "grey" with an e, but I'm actually from the USA. I just think grey with an e looks so much better than gray with an a, don't you? But don't ask me to start turning my z's to s's in words like "realize" and adding the u's to words like "color" because I won't do it. It makes the words sound weird in my head.

9. I'm an introvert, but if surrounded by the right people or in the right setting (like a pretty park or an art museum) or given a topic of conversation I really like (like criminal profiling!)... Well, I'm a totally different person, but I'm still an introvert. I gain energy in solitude rather than conversation and socialization, and require recharging (like naps or a day of rest or a lengthened period of solitude) after social interaction. And oftentimes when I DO want to talk to people or something, I want to talk to a specific person, and usually they aren't available, and I have to keep reminding myself that's life and that they have their own lives, too.

10. If I can't become an actress or author, I would love to be a criminal profiler. Yes, I watch Criminal Minds and yes, I am aware that it's a TV show. But the BAU and profilers are real, and retired profilers consult with the writers to help with realism. The cases and criminals are sometimes based on real cases and real criminals. (Not to mention that Shemar Moore is pretty darn good looking and Matthew Gray Gubler is dorky cute like his character is nerdy cute.)

Wow, I made it! As you can probably tell, I'm not that interesting.

I nominate....

notesonapage & eyesmoke