@SMU865

Hello everyone, and thank you @kpmoulton for the nomination. You have been an excellent partner in the Partners in Rhyme competition here at the Pub, and I am so proud of the work you've done.

1) Writing Bios is a bit uncomfortable for me because part of my personality is chronically shy and quiet. Interacting on Wattpad (and sometimes in life) is tough for me, however, a professor once challenged my class by saying that remaining silent in class is a disguised form of egotism and arrogance. That claim has shocked me into participation in a lot of areas ever since.

2) I am from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, and love the Ocean, Maritime lore, and music. Technically, I am from a suburb of the city affectionately known to the locals as "SackVegas."

3) When I was young I didn't do very much for extracurricular activities. I was shy, quiet, and (maybe too) sensitive. I read a lot, and played Clarinet and Saxophone in Band. I loved the band. More specifically, I loved creating/ participating in music. There is energy in music that connects deeply with my soul.

4) I wrote a poem for my band teacher, Ms. Hopkins, once. She didn't like it. She told me a poem should be about the rhythm! She clapped a beat as she read the lines. When someone seems like they know about something, I try and listen and file it away for later.

5) I was never popular. I was never unpopular. I can pretty much get along with anyone but I wasn't exactly memorable; kind of like the guy in Perks of Being a Wallflower. What I really wanted to be was adventurous and cool, like Jack Kerouac in On the Road. These books and ideas were introduced to me through a dear friend in conversations we used to have in High School with our Art teacher and mentor Dave Drapak.

6) Another part of my personality, paradoxically, is extremely high energy and attention seeking. I channel this part of myself into acting, most recently with a couple of different musical theatre companies in my little city. The best role I ever landed was the Lead in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I have loved Willy Wonka since I was a small child and bringing him to life on the stage was the highlight of my acting career.

7) I completed a Bachelor of Arts from Saint Mary's University in Halifax and that was one of the happiest times in my life. Working with passionate professors challenged everything I thought I knew about the world, and myself. Getting the degree, although it took a lot of time, money, and effort, was completely worth it.

8) I then was faced with the difficult decision all undergraduates must eventually face: "What do I do now"? I had not figured out how to monetize my passions and the world was facing a financial crisis. I narrowed things down to two choices: a) Get a degree in teaching and share some of this newly acquired knowledge with the next generation or b) go to Law School. Given the current trends in the East Coast of Canada of teachers struggling desperately to find work in a climate that is placing more and more demands on them, I took the "safe" route and went to Law School.

9) I pretty much hated Law School from the beginning. The readings were dry, the subject matter unappealing. I stuck with it anyway and have worked in the legal field doing many kinds of Law, mostly Criminal, in three different small cities in New Brunswick. If I ever get brave enough I may go back and try option "a" instead.

10) I have three wonderful sisters who I love dearly and between them, they have six children. My parents have a beautiful Australian Shepherd dog that I try and visit as often as possible. I have an intense desire to create something beautiful and I thank everyone at Poet's Pub for creating a safe space for me to try. My ultimate goal is to publish something someday, so I welcome any tips or criticisms from anyone who might know how to make that happen.

I hope I didn't bore you, and I nominate:

• @Anniemena @AdannaArt @PepperPoet