Chapter 8*

Chapter 8

-Alyssa Taylor-

I sing the last few lyrics of the new song I'm covering. Gosh, that took forever. Finally, I completed the cover that I had planned for the past week. After saying a little end note I press the stop button and upload the video onto my laptop. I make some little edits, but the video's pretty good to go. I press a few more buttons and the video starts to slowly upload onto Youtube. Well, that's just about it. I pick up my keyboard and walk out of my room and back to the closet, where I keep my instruments.

I hear a sharp knock on the door after I walk out of the closet. I scrunch my eyebrows together, I don't remember inviting anyone over. I peek through the peephole and see Ryan smirking into the little glass. He knocks again, louder this time, and I sigh as I turn the brass handle to slowly open the door.

"Are you ready to go?" Ryan beams.

"No," I frown as I push the door to close it.

His hand stops the door from shutting all the way, "Then get ready." He pushes his way through the door and crosses his arms at me. "Go get changed."

"I'm not going anywhere with you anymore," I counter stubbornly. "So, will you please leave?" I cross my arms in the same manner as he did, and my eyebrows are knotted into straight lines. He gives me a slight frown, but the rest of his face is blank.

"You need to come with me," He says with irritation laced in his words.

"Why?" I ask, my lower lip pushing up, turning my mouth downwards.

"I need to talk to you," He says blankly, crossing his arms to tell me that what he said is final.

"We can talk here," I offer. I mean, we're already talking, aren't we?

"We can talk in other places too," He suggests.

"How about we just talk here," I hiss.

"How about we go talk somewhere else," He retorts. "Put on your shoes, we're going."

"Step outside, you're going," I frown at him.

"You're really stubborn," He pouts at me.

"Thanks. So, are you gonna leave now or what?" I ask as I tap my foot on the floor.

"What's that one!" Ryan yells pointing to something behind me. When I instinctively turned to look behind me, he picks me up and walks out the door. While I struggle in his arms, he carries me to his car and pushes me into the backseat. Ryan slides in after me and throws me a smirk before turning to the driver, "Matt, let's go."

"Where are we going? And who the hell is Matt?" I demand. My lips form a thin line whereas my eyebrows are even more knotted. Ryan just smiles at me with innocence. I fidget in my seat as he drives away from my apartment. "This is a criminal offense. Do I at least get paid for answering these questions?"

"I'm Matt, and I don't think we've met before," The guy in the driver's seat says with a cheeky grin. I turn to look at him and the first thing I notice is how masculine he looks. Tan skin, dark hazel eyes, a strong jaw, and muscles. Okay, I have to say he is pretty attractive. "And sorry, I don't know if you get paid."

"Hi, would you please tell me where we're going?" I ask sweetly, hoping he would tell me.

"We're going to meet someone," He shrugs as he continued driving.

"And who is this someone?" I ask, batting my eyelashes.

"Stop flirting with him," Ryan scoffs. "You don't even know what a criminal offense is. I'll give you money later.""