Chapter 12

Chapter 12

-Alyssa Taylor- 

  "I love all of your covers," The girl gushed as I signed her paper.

  "Thank you," I grinned as I gave her a hug, and then posed for a picture. She smiled and then walked back to the seating area.

  "Well, I think that's everyone," I said once she left, "I better get over there. I don't want to make them keep waiting."

  "Wait," Nima called to me, "There's one more person." I turned around to see Jake grinning at me.

  "Freckles! What are you doing here? Don't you see me enough?" I laughed. "How've you been since being released from the hospital?"

  "I was bored," He grinned, "and I've been fine. You need to stop being a nurse for just one night, okay?" I rolled my eyes and nodded, "Okay, well you better start the show."

  I followed him into the other room, where people were already seated. The cheered as I walked up on stage and I grinned back at them. "Hi everybody! First off, thank you all for coming tonight. It means so much, that you're here. I'm gonna do covers first, then some originals, and end with requests, okay?" A chorus of cheers answered me and I picked up Delilah. "Oh, and this is Delilah, just incase you guys don't know."

-Ryan Fox- 

  After paying the fee, I sneaked to the back of the room, where the least amount of people would see me. I took off my sunglasses and adjusted the fake mustache that I was wearing.

  "That mustache won't get you anywhere," A voice said. I turned to see Nima leaning up against the wall. "You should've just come here in drag."

  "Yeah, like getting caught in that would be much better than a fake mustache," I scoffed. There is no way I'm wearing a dress. 

  "At least buy a better mustache," Nima laughed.

  "Whatever," I grinned as Alyssa started to play another cover. Our eyes met once the song ended and she smiled at me, and I smiled back.

  "Okay, well that's it for the covers. I'll do more if you guys request, but right now I'm going to switch over to originals," Alyssa grinned at the audience. Now that I think about it, I've never heard any of her originals. "So does anybody have any that you really want me to do?"

  ""Hard to Get"!" Nima said cupping his hands around his mouth to make himself sound louder. "And tell them the story!"

  "Oh my gosh, okay. I'm warning you though, it's a really embarrassing story," Alyssa said before taking a drink of water. "Well, this was back in college when I first moved in with Nima. I have to admit I thought he was pretty cute, but he never seemed interested in me. I wrote this song for him, and then he kind of found out I had this tiny crush on him. This was also before he told me he was gay. Then he told me he was gay, and I told him about the song. We laughed about it, well Nima did; I shrivelled up into a ball of awkwardness. After that we became best friends and we did stuff like shopping and riding unicorns into sunsets.  It's a good song, but it has an embarrassing story." She picked up her ukulele and started strumming. "Oh, and this is Raphael. Sorry, I'll start singing now." The crowd let out a small chuckle and she started playing once again.

  I watched her sing and it was different from when she sang the covers. Her eyes were brighter and she just looked better. You could pretty much feel the passion for this radiating from her, and I admired her for that. Yeah, that was pretty deep Ryan. 

  She finished her song and the crowd applauded. I stood up to clap. That song was really good. She grinned and set down her ukulele before taking the microphone again. "Okay, well we're going to take a short break, so you guys can go to the bathroom, find a boyfriend, sneak out the backdoor, whatever. I'm kidding about that last part though. . . Please don't leave." The crowd laughed and she laughed with them. "Oh, and Nima is over there with merch. So, go over there and he'll hook you up with the goods." Alyssa stepped down from the stage to join her fans, which was when I realized how much she adored them.