Chapter 19

Chapter 19 

-Alyssa Taylor- 

  "Ooh, look who's all dressed up," Nima said, waggling his eyes as he looked me up and down. I gave him a little spin in my floral dress and stuck my tongue out. "Seriously, where are you going?"

  "Somewhere," I said with a mere shrug. I slid my arms into the holes of my jean jacket as Nima stared at me, trying to figure me out.

  "You're going on a date," He smirked, poking me in the ribs. "I can feel it in my bones. With who? I mean, you don't really go out much, so who is it?"

  Just as I slipped on a pair of leather sandals, the doorbell rang and Nima ran to get it. "Nima! Don't open the door!" Does he really have to make it his goal to make every guy who takes me out uncomfortable?

  "Hey, big boy," Nima said seductively as he opened the door, "Oh my God! It's you! Come in!"

  "Uh, thanks," Ryan said, biting his lip as he wiped his shoes on the door mat. "So, no paparazzi today?"

  "The owner of this place kicked them out," I shrugged, glad that he did kick them out. Paparazzi are the creepiest people ever. "He said it was driving customers away."

  "Well, that's good," Ryan said as Nima was tugging at his shirt.

  "Where'd you get this? It's so soft," Nima gushed as he pulled the back of Ryan's faded, red shirt to check the tag.

  "Uh, I don't know. I think my mom gave it to me as a gift," Ryan said as he inched away from Nima. "Are you ready to go now?"

><><><><

   "I got this," Ryan said, pushing my hand away from my bag as I reached for my wallet. I let him pay, without any objection because knowing him he would just push me out of the way and pay.

  "Thank you," I nodded, "So, are you sure that the paps won't see us? I mean, this is a pretty public place."

  "Don't worry, they won't find us," He said carelessly as I pushed my sunglasses back up my nose, "You care too much. We're on a date you care about the paps? Loosen up."

  "Shut up," I muttered.

  "Well, come on then," Ryan grinned as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the doors of the aquarium.

-Ryan Fox- 

  "Ryan! Look at all of the fish!" Alyssa said excitedly as she dragged me towards the glass wall separating the tank from the viewers.

  "Alyssa, this is an aquarium," I said giving her a nudge.

  "I don't need your sass," She said with a grin as she lightly punched my arm. "Oh my God, come on, there are turtles!"

  "You know, it's really obvious that it's your first time at one of these places," I laughed as I let her pull me towards the sea turtle exhibit.

  "Your point is?" She said with a lifted eyebrow. 

  "Nothing, it's just kinda cute," I shrugged. She stared at me for a second before quickly adverting  her eyes. Of course, once we reached the turtle exhibit her undivided attention was on the sea turtles.

  We walked through the aquarium, stopping at each exhibit to gaze at the sea life. The only problem was that I wasn't staring at the fish. Somehow my eyes would find themselves fixed on Alyssa instead of the fish, and thankfully, she'd never notice. I watched as Alyssa pressed her face up against the glass like a little kid, staring at each and every fish.