Chapter 28*

Chapter 28 

-Alyssa Taylor-

  I stare down at my phone. It's been three days, I should call him, but what if he's just about to call me and when I call him the call doesn't go through? My eyes are back on my phone and I pick it up. Why does Nima always have to be right? Fuck it, my fingers tap the screen before I hold my hand up against my ear and wait. He picks up on the second ring.

  "Hey Ryan, are you busy today?" 

  "Uh, I'm, um actually not busy at all today. Why?" 

  "Would you like to go out. Like as in hang out or something." 

  "Alyssa Taylor, are you asking me out on a date?"

  "If you want to put it that way, then yes, I am. So, is that a yes or a no."

  "It's always going to be a yes. I'll be there at twelve."

  "Alright, see you then." I hang up after he said bye and stare at my phone. Shit, I don't have anything planned yet. I should probably get on that. Eh, probably.

  I'm not sure how I manage to somewhat plan what we were going to do in about an hour, but I did. During that time, I had also managed to look somewhat decent, which wasn't at all hard. Throwing on a simple blizzard blue dress will always make you look like you try. All I could do now is wait and mentally prepare myself for a date with Ryan Fox. 

  A quick knock averts my mind from my thoughts. The blank door swung open to reveal Ryan sporting a small grin. "Hey."

  "Hey." I grin in reply. 

  "So, where are we going today?" Ryan asks as we walk to his car. The concrete path to the parking lot seemed a lot shorter nowadays.

  "We're gonna grab lunch and go shopping because I need to get some stuff and I might as well get bring you along. Oh, and I'm driving, so you might as well hand over the keys now." 

  "I'm driving, you can just tell me where to turn," Ryan scoffs. 

  "Last time I did that you almost ran over a bicyclist," I point out.

  He rolls his eyes and puts the keys in my hand, "Alright, but I get to, uh, sit shotgun." 

  "You're aware that your car has only two seats right?"

  ><><><><

  "Welcome to Willow Cafe. I'm Vincent and I'll be your server for this afternoon. Would you like anything to drink while you decide what you would like for lunch?" A man in all black asks with a cheerful smile. 

  "Water's fine," I say with a nod.

  "I'll have water as well," Ryan grins.

  "Alright, I'll be back in a bit," Vincent nods before leaving us. 

  "So, Alyssa Taylor asked me out on a date. Is this real or is there a zombie apocalypse coming?" Ryan questions from across the table with a stupid smile on his stupid face. He's so fricking stupid.

  I roll my eyes and look up from the menu, "Zombie apocalypses are scientifically impossible, and if you find it so hard to believe you might want to pinch yourself."

  "Well, if this is a dream then I don't think I want to wake up. I just never thought that this would happen," Ryan shrugs before scanning once more through the menu. 

  "Oh, well it's happening," I say before looking down at my own menu. Vincent appears just as I was about to ask a question, but food does trumps just about everything.