Chapter 18

Chapter 18

-Ryan Fox- 

  "So, you wanted to see me?" I said lazily as I turned one of the chairs towards me and took a seat. I kicked my feet up onto the chair next to me and turned to Mr. Windle, with my eyebrow raised.

  "I just called you in to discuss Ms. Alyssa Taylor," Mr. Windle said as he shuffled through his notes. Any day now, I'm sure he will be buried in those. "I want you to spend just a bit more time with her. I know you still need to complete your album, but just be seen with her more."

  "Uh, sure," I shrugged. I mean, I thought I was with her for a lot of my time, but I guess not.

  "Is she working today? You can visit her at work?" Mr. Windle suggested as he continued to flip through his notes. "You can take her to the aquarium or the zoo, girls like stuff like that. Oh, and you still need to finish up that song for your album."

  "Wait, you're asking me to take her out on a date?" I asked, confused by his request. Alyssa is just a friend. I stared blankly at him, lost in my thoughts, until he snapped me back to reality.

  "Of course, I'm asking you to take her out on a date," Mr. Windle laughed, "The press will eat it up. Don't worry about your fans. I know they won't be happy, but this is probably going to be temporary."

  My eyebrows creased as I gave him a stern nod, "And about that song, I haven't finished it yet."

  "I know you haven't finish," He frowned, "Hell, you haven't even started! Don't know what to write about? Write about Ms. Taylor, just make it discreet. Leave people wondering, leave her wondering, okay?"

  "Okay," I nodded, "And I'm thinking about stopping by Alyssa's workplace, today."

  "Great," He smirked, "Oh, and bring Uche with you, I heard that there's a ton of paparazzi around there now."

  "Uh, what happened to Jorge?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows into a thin line. Usually Jorge is my everyday bodyguard and he's just on top of everything, and by everything, I mean girls trying to throw themselves at me. "Doesn't he usually come with me for day to day things?"

  "Yeah, he resigned because this was taking too much of his time and he wanted to spend more time with his wife," Mr. Windle explained as he jotted down more notes. "Uche will be taking his place now."

  "Uh, okay," I nodded.

  "Now go spend time with your girlfriend," Mr. Windle said, shooing me out of his office. "Oh, and keep her away from that Oliver James guy. He'll get in the way.

  "Uh, she's not my girlfriend," I said back. Just a girl, that's a friend, as my mom always told me. Just a girl, that's a friend.

><><><><

  "Hold on, let me open the door." Uche stepped out of the driver's side and pushed back some paparazzi, who were already starting to crowd our car. The door opened slowly and I stepped out, giving the reporters a smirk.

  "Ryan, are you here to visit Alyssa Taylor?"

  "Are you and Alyssa dating?"

  "Can you answer a few questions?"

  "Why are you here?"

  "Hey! Move it," Uche yelled to the crowd, "I'm sorry, but no questions will be answered." Uche led me through the crowd, pushing back the middle age men, who were trying to get my picture. Soon, Uche had the paparazzi just trailing us in a frenzy of flashes.