Chapter 33*

Chapter 33

-Alyssa Taylor-

A sense of deja vu washes over me as I look up at the television monitor to see a photo of Ryan and me next to some celebrity gossip host. Whatever we have together is public now. Along with that sense of deja vu came confusion, anger, and more importantly, fear. I thought I was slowly getting over it, but I guess not.

"So, you guys are an actual thing now?" Freckles pipes up, snapping my attention away from the screen. "Looks pretty legit from what they're saying. I mean, having his people say it's real makes it seem really real."

"Yeah, it's kind of a thing. It's complicated. It's a complicated thing," I say, "I just wasn't aware it would be coming out so soon. Maybe it was a mistake telling him I like him back. We'd totally be better off as friends. And now I'm ranting about my relationship to a kid."

"It doesn't seem like a big deal," he shrugs. "If you like him and he likes you-date him. Don't mind what others think."

"It's more complicated than that. We're just different," I sigh. "What do you even know about relationships anyway?"

"Nothing much actually, but it doesn't sound too hard," he says. "Who cares if people know? You just gotta be selfish and live for right now-not tomorrow." He pauses before adding, "I would know."

"You're too smart for your own good,"

"I'm aware, now go back to being mad at him. It's much more interesting than this sappy shit."

><><><><

I fall into the comfort of my couch, but relaxation is the last thing on my mind. After overanalyzing the situation for hours a sharp knock cuts through my thoughts and I rush to open the door.

"Alyssa, I can ex-" Ryan says slowly. Although it's dark out, I pull him inside before anyone can catch him standing outside my door.

"Ryan, what the hell," I snap. "You said this wasn't going public until we were both ready."

"I know, this is a surprise to me too," He says rubbing my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down. "I thought this stuff was in my control, but I think my manager just went ahead with it. The album is coming out soon and I'm sure he didn't mean any harm. I didn't know he would go to the press like that. You know how he is, but I'll talk to him. I'll fix it "

"I know how he is and I know that you can tell him not to do this stuff. I'm just not sure you can actually fix this though," I sigh, leading both of us to the couch. "I just thought this would be easier. I just sometimes think we'd both be better off if none of this ever happened."

"Hey," Ryan whispers guiding me to face him, "I know it seems like everything is moving way too fast, but I'm here for you. With the press and with us, I don't want you to get hurt. It's hard for them to get actual information, everything will just be a rumor, and so I'm asking you not to worry too much. I know it's going to be a lot different because of all these people wanting to hear from you and expecting things you can't give them, but I know you out of all people can handle it. You're stronger than this."

"Ryan," I start, but this time he cuts me off with a warm hug that should've melted my anxieties away.

"Come on, I want to show you one of my favorite places," He says, taking hold of my hands and pulling me towards the door.

"Now? It's kind of dark out,"

"Best time to be there, plus no one will see us,"

-Ryan Fox-

The drive there is filled with silence, but it was the type of silence that we needed. The soft hum of the engine complements the crisp air and the energy of the dwindling crowds. Alyssa stares out of the passenger side window as I drive past the brightly lit buildings. I didn't say anything as I stole quick glances at her. She looks less pissed off and less scared, which is a good thing. I thought I really fucked up this time going through with what Mr. Windle said.

I pull into an empty parking space and grab the blanket in the backseat before motioning to Alyssa to follow me. I lead her into the tall building and give the doorman a quick nod. We enter the elevator and I press the button to get to the top floor. I give her hand a squeeze and grin at her. "You know what Darth Vader named his daughter? Ella. Ella Vader. Get it? 'Cause we're in an elevator."

"Ryan, shut up."

"Okay."

She still continues to bite her lip with an uneasy look on her face as we reach the top floor and I lead her up a few stairs to reach the roof. I drape the blanket over her shoulders and pull her towards the edge.

"Oh wait, you're not afraid of heights right?"

"I'm not," She replies and I swear I heard her lovingly mutter 'idiot' under her breath.

"Good good. Well, uh, this is one of the many places I go when I'm stressed or I just need a break," I say as we look over the edge. I wrap my arm around her and pull her close as she looks over all the twinkling lights. The hum of the cars racing down the streets and the glow of the surrounding buildings is something that I could stare at forever and I hope she feels the same way.

"I hope you don't think you're off the hook for taking me to see a pretty skyline," Alyssa says pouting at me.

I break into a grin, "Don't worry I know I'm not. I'm just trying to help. I know this is really new for you, but I'll help you through it." She rests her head on my shoulder and doesn't say anything else, which I really hope is a good thing.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket and I pull it out and type in my passcode to view the new text from Matt. I look down at my phone to see, "you should tell her soon" and I let out a soft sigh. Alyssa looks up at me with a raised eyebrow, asking if something's wrong, but I just dismiss it with a smile.

I quickly type a message in response, "not tonight, but I will."

______________________________________________________

heyo well obviously this is chapter 33!! I hope you all enjoyed although it was again pretty short, but the upload was quicker than it has been in a while lol whatev 8/23/17

**What'd you guys think though??? Are Alyssa's feelings valid?? Opinions on Ryan and his mysteriousness with what's going on?? Where's Nima?? Prob in the next chapter who knows?? Do you think Ryan's gonna tell her whats up in the next chapter?? IDK (actually I do know, but you don't ;) did i steal the elavator pun from a friend??? yes.

summer has been going well, hopefully it's going well for y'all too except for maybe those who have started school again but i hope you're having fun there

as always Vote & Comment <3

Miss_terious