Chapter 21: Sometimes women prefer words, but men prefer actions

Note: FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY.

'Cause I don't wanna lose you now

I'm lookin' right at the other half of me

The vacancy that sat in my heart

Is a space that now you hold

Show me how to fight for now

And I'll tell you, baby, it was easy

Comin' back here to you once I figured it out

You were right here all along

It's like you're my mirror

My mirror staring back at me

I couldn't get any bigger

With anyone else beside of me

And now it's clear as this promise

That we're making two reflections into one

'Cause it's like you're my mirror

My mirror staring back at me, staring back at me

(Justin Timberlake; Mirrors Lyrics)

~~~~~~

Unedited

After the proposal came the hearty dinner. Adriana was still in euphoria. She couldn't believe she's engaged now to Nicolas.

She's been dreaming of this since he left her, that one day he's gonna show up with ring and marry her. Those times she imagined him proposing.

Although a lot of negative thoughts crossed her mind, but she just shook it off. She'll give him a chance and her a chance. She loves him so much, and she's going to bury her pride and just enjoy their new relationship without fear.

The grudges she had kept for long time for him is now gone and replaced with happiness and contentment.

Adriana scanned the dining room with happiness, with each faces sharing the same emotions.

Nicolas friends didn't stop from teasing, mocking him playfully.

Nicolas glared, or just brushes off their jesting.

Demetrio was the most elated among them for his best-friend or partner.

"Slap me in the face Zandros. I want to know that this is not a dream," Demetrio quipped amusingly and Zandros sitting on his other side slap him in the face. Demetrio's eyes widened, couldn't believe that his friend did it for real.

"Why did you slap me?" Demetrio asked incredulously.

"You ask me," Zandros glared back playfully and the whole gang guffawed. Demetrio's cheek turned red.

"You ask him, honey. Your friend just love you too much not to comply." Yvonne laughed and ran her fingers on his reddish cheek, with love. Demetrio stared at his wife with adoration, even if he wants to get mad on her statement, he couldn't. He just love her so much.

Demetrio rolled his eyes.

"He's just joking, babe." Lauren glared at her husband and Zandros grinned to her.

"He owe me one. Now we are even," Zandros quipped to his wife barely audible and Lauren just raise her eyebrows confused and curious, but she didn't press the matter.

Nicolas stared at Adriana who looks so beautiful in her dress, with his eyes shining with love and adoration. If he could see himself in the mirror, he could picture himself with his friends.