01|| Shocking News

l e x i

"Seriously, Lex, let's go already," Ryder whined over the phone for me to leave my friends so we could head home.

"Okay, okay. Let me just get Alex," I replied back.

"She's already in the car," Ryder stated, his annoyance showing more. He wasn't the most patient.

"Oh okay then, I'm coming," I ran over to him after I waved 'bye' to my friends.

We had a quiet car ride home, just listening to music from our phones and minding our own businesses.

It was like any other day up until that point. Once we got into our house, I could already tell that something was off.

Our parents stood in front of my siblings and I, waiting for us to settle down before dropping the biggest bomb on us.

"We're so glad you're finally home! We have really big news," Mom started out excitedly. 

I wondered what this news was. Mom wasn't usually that cheerful, so much so that I started to get worried.

After about the longest 15 seconds, Dad announced, "We are moving tomorrow!"

"What?!" my siblings and I screeched loudly in unison.

Mom nodded. "We know it's very sudden, but I'm sure you'd love it in California. You can make new friends and find more opportunities there."

"After school's already started?" Ryder complained. 

"Don't worry, we have it all planned out, and you are enrolled to a school there already," Mom assured us. Although it wasn't very assuring, it was the thought that counted.

"What is it called?" Alex inquired. I could already tell that she was getting nervous, call it a sixth sense if you will.

"South Riverhaven High," Mom answered.

We all nodded, clearly not happy with the situation, "Ohh."

"If that's all, we'll be going up now," I announced.

Ryder, Alex and I hurried up to the room I share with my sister and made sure to lock the door behind us.

"Okay guys, time to do some research about this new school we're going to." I instructed, happy to finally be able to do something I like. 

I turned on my computer, and we started with the research.

All of us did our own thing, looking for different info about our soon-to-be school.

Our parents were not aware of our ability to hack into websites & data bases, and they most definitely had no idea that we had slightly dangerous part-time jobs too. 

The things we learned there were very useful since hacking was one of my specialties aside from combat fighting and, like Alex, using knives and a few guns here and there to fight. Self defense was important.

Our eldest brother, Jackson, was the only one in our family who knew what we were doing because he was the one who got us recruited in the first place.

He specialized in intelligence gathering and wasn't very into the fighting scene, at least not as much as we were.

We only got small jobs here and there because we were only a few years into it, but the bosses told us that we were going to rank up soon enough.

Anyway, I hacked into the main school website, where all the information about the school, the students and teachers could be found. I checked the principal's information and found out a lot about her, mostly about her ways of disciplining students.

I also found out that the school had a football, cheerleading, dance, swimming, volleyball, and other sports teams. They had a wide variety of teams we were definitely going to try out for.

Ryder found out that all the teachers had an encrypted website for encoding all the students' grades. Sadly, he couldn't get in. We figured we'd hack into it next time, just in case we needed to. It probably won't be so hard getting in for me.

"Their food seems awful!" he cringed, looking disgusted while showing us some pictures of the cafeteria and its food.

Alex found out where the website for security cameras were and where all of them were placed. I couldn't even believe that they would put things as crucial as that on the internet. 

It all started to make sense when she told us that the website had a password; although it was pretty simple, just a standardized code authorized personnel could memorize. They really needed to fix that.

When we got in, we saw that they had a huge auditorium, a big field and a killer pool. We also saw a short background of all the captains of the teams and let me tell you that their football captain was definitely good looking. 

The moment I showed Alex the picture, her eyes widened, and she had that look on her face, the one she got when she found someone cute. 

"Holy crap," she cursed, or at least kind of did. "Lex, he's so hot. Like actually. The muscles, the face, the everything. Who else is hot in this school? Show me more!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Ryder rushed to us then looked at my computer screen. "Eh, not bad. He's muscular, but I'm much hotter than him." 

I fake gagged at my brother's words. Teenage boy ego.

"I think we've done enough research for now. We still have to pack our things tomorrow morning so we need to get some sleep," Alex said yawning. "I'm tired."

"Says the girl who was just screaming like a maniac less than a minute ago," Ryder side commented.

"Whatever," Alex rolled her eyes, not bothering to argue with our brother.

"Night guys." I yawned.

"Good night," Ryder answered before leaving our room.

It took me a while to get myself to fall asleep, so many thoughts racing in my head, keeping me wide awake. My sister was sleeping soundly, but I tried not to move much, not wanting to wake up the light sleeper beside me.

Were we going to be okay in this new school? 

What was it going to be like? 

As the questions kept coming, I started to get nervous. 

Alex was usually the worrier of the three of us, the one who always thought about the future and the consequences of our actions. Ryder and I were the instinctive ones. And seeing her jittery about moving was getting to me.

It was going to be okay, right?

~~~ END OF CHAPTER ~~~

A/N:

Hope you guys liked this first chapter. If you did, please VOTE, COMMENT & FOLLOW us if you haven't already.

It's not very eventful yet since it is only the start of the story.

-A and P