20|| What About Ryder?

a l e x

It had been around five days since Mom and Dad came home.

They stayed for Thanksgiving, and we had a very happy dinner with them. Our whole family was together, laughing, chatting, and just generally having a good time. That was until dad's phone rang. It was his manager, reminding him to go back to work the next day.

It was Black Friday, and I hated that we had to go to school. It was stupid that they let us go to school. Not only was it one day of the week that we had to go to school on, but I was planning on going shopping.

And guess what? Jackson said that he was given two days of PE, one on Thursdays and another on Fridays.

My alarm woke me up at exactly seven in the morning. I turned it off, got up from my bed and got ready for another day.

Shower, put on some clothes, brush teeth, fix hair, put on make up. That was my usual morning routine. I take about thirty minutes for that, and I had to wake Lexi up every time after I brushed my teeth so she could get ready for school.

We were meant to leave for school at eight, so that left me with twenty minutes to eat and some time to spare, which I use to scan through social media while waiting for my siblings to get ready for school.

It took approximately ten minutes to get to school, and that's where the endless conversations started. But before that, I had to meet up with my boyfriend by his locker at school. 

Not so complicated, right?

"Hey, babe, you okay? Is anything hurting?" Luke asked me. 

I mean, who else called me that? No one so far... that was unless they wanted a beating from Luke, with the possible help of my two brothers.

Anyway, we were walking to class when he stopped to ask me that. I was a little bit more quiet than usual, and he clearly noticed, "Did I do something?"

"It's okay. You did nothing wrong. I was just thinking. About my parents, about my day so far. That's it," I revealed in full honesty. "Like what if my dad won't be home for Christmas? And mom too. I told you about what happened during Thanksgiving, right? We're just lucky he convinced his manager to postpone the production of the movie a day later."

"No, don't think that. They'll be there, okay? Just like they'll be there tomorrow to meet all of your friends. If they won't be able to make it on Christmas, I promise that I'll be there with you once I'm done at home," he vowed.

I nodded to that, and by the time we finished, we were already at our History classroom. That's right, first class on Wednesdays and Fridays.

There was still five minutes before class started, so I decided to continue talking to Luke about, hopefully, a different and happier subject.

He took his book out of his bag, and turned to me after he finished preparing everything.

"We didn't get any homework to do during the break for this class, right? Because we didn't have school since Friday, and I seriously forgot," he clarified, looking uncertain.

I wanted to trick him and say that we did, just to freak him out a little, but I just decided against it. He was there for me since we started school, so it wouldn't be so nice to do that to him.

I shook my head. "Nope. If we did, I would probably have reminded you during the break."

He sighed in relief, and a smile appeared on his lips. "What would I ever do without you?"

"Actually," I dragged, "We did have something due today, but we worked on it already. Do you still remember?"

Him being him, he shook his head. How could he forget? We worked on it the same day he asked me to be his girlfriend. Actually, that was a Thursday. It had been exactly two weeks and a day.

Triple TroubleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara