09|| Tryouts and Messing Up

l e x i

"Let's go! I don't wanna be late, you know that," Alex hurried us.

"Okay, I'm ready. Let's go," Ryder announced, allowing us to finally leave the house for school.

It had been a little more than a week since our first day, and we'd all made new friends.

Ryder formed a group and had two new friends, besides Chase. A guy named Luke, who was Alex's first friend in school, and another guy, Ashton. They were both a year older than us.

Luke and Ash were football players, and while Luke was the golden boy of the school, Ashton was basically the opposite, all closed off and mysterious. It was actually a bit weird seeing them as best friends.

I made friends too, of course. There was Dylan, Zach and Maia. Dylan played football, Zach was a swimmer, and Maia was part of the dance team.

Lastly, Alex also had some new friends. She made three close ones too, Leila, Chloe and Sophie. Leila and Chloe were twins, and all three of them did cheer.

Last week, we found out that there were tryouts for most of the school's teams, including dancing, cheerleading, and some academic teams too. Football was having tryouts for next season.

"Miss Alex, Miss Lexi and Sir Andrew, call me when you are ready to be fetched already," my thoughts were interrupted by Mang Jun reminding us.

"Sure," we all agreed.

"Oh, hey Chase!" I greeted once he got close to us.

"Hey man," Ryder spoke after me.

"Good Morning," Alex waved cheerfully. You can never forget Alex's optimism.

"Hey guys. What time is it?" Chase inquired. "I left my watch at home today."

"Umm... 8: 15," I answered after checking my watch.

"Then we must be going," Ryder prompted.

"Yeah. See you guys at lunch," Chase waved goodbye.

After our short conversation, we went our separate ways to our classrooms.

"Good Morning, let's start our class," my teacher announced once she entered.

"Sorry I'm late miss. Here's my pass, there was an accident outside the room. I was asked to help," Maia came in, faking a smile.

"Very well. Take your seat,"

Maia took a seat next to me and our lesson started.

"Please read chapter 23. Once you are done, you may go, just don't get into any trouble," we were told. Easy class. Nice.

Maia and I nodded at each other, knowing that we were going to 'the tree' after we finished reading.

I got really bored after 2 pages, so I skipped to the end and made it look like I finished reading really quickly.

It wasn't that big of a deal. I told myself I'd just ask Alex what it was about. I was pretty sure she'd have read the whole thing.

I shut my book, and looked towards Dylan, who was waiting for someone to finish, seeing that he was done reading the chapter, or at least looked like he was finished.

He probably didn't even finish a page of it.

Once he sensed that I was looking at him, he looked back at me sending me a look, saying that he also wanted to meet at 'the tree'.

I glanced at Maia and saw that she wasn't done yet. She always told us 'Thou shalt not disturb thy master when she is reading'. And she was apparently our master.