03|| New Home

r y d e r

Once we pushed the front door open and saw the interior of the house, I was even more astounded. 

"Whoa!" my siblings and I gawked at the sight before us.

First off, this house was huge, obviously bigger than what we had back in Florida. 

I still had to help my dad with the moving boxes and stuff, so my sisters went straight up, and got the opportunity to have the first pick of the rooms. They probably chose the biggest room already, which was understandable because they were sharing.

Jackson had to carry a sleeping Paige, so he also got to choose a room already. When he volunteered for that, I accepted the fact that I was going to get the worst room out of everyone's, but there was definitely still going to be a decent one for me.

When we finished carrying all the boxes into the house, I went straight up, and I raced to find a room even though I knew I was stuck with the last choice.

The room left for me was actually pretty big, and I was surprised Paige didn't claim it. She took the upstairs bedroom, probably for privacy.

Other than that, she probably saw the huge hole in the wall, and figured something was wrong. 

"Is there meant to be a hole in my bedroom wall?" I knocked on the open door of my parents' bedroom.

My mom turned around and laughed. "Don't worry, honey, we're getting it fixed. For now, you should just stay in your brother's room. It should only take a few days before it's all ready."

I couldn't argue, and figured the only thing I could do was tell my brother about our situation.

"Jackson, you have a new roomie!" I announced, entering his room as he unpacked.

"Who?" Jackson asked with a confused face.

"Guess first," I teased, grinning.

Jackson grimaced, "Dude, just tell me."

"It's me!" I laughed evilly.

"No way," Jackson was gonna start whining like a baby again, but I cut him off before he even got to start ranting.

"Don't be such a drama queen. I'll be the best roommate you could ever ask for. Plus, Mom said it's gonna be really quick, just a few days."

"Fine," he sighed, as is he had much of a choice.

Sometimes I wonder if there was a 10-year-old boy stuck in his 24-year-old body.

~~~~~

a l e x

We got a good room, but it had literally nothing inside besides our suitcases and two mattresses. It was huge, and Lexi and I had the perfect plan for it.

We had our own bathroom, stocked up on all the things every bathroom needed, and a big window. There was a balcony overlooking the backyard too.

Lexi and I agreed that since it was a new room, we had the chance to make it the best possible room we were going to have.

Our first objective was to pick a main color for our bedroom and everything we were going to put in it, but we somehow couldn't agree on a single thing. So, Lexi thought of a brilliant plan.

"Okay, what if we divided our room into two. Half will be yours and the other half will be mine. We have enough space here for two queen sized beds, and we can do whatever we want to each of our sides ," she suggested.