22|| Going on a Mission

r y d e r

"Mia is coming in ten minutes. Get ready, guys. The shades and glasses are in Alex and Lexi's bedroom and the earpieces too. Please, don't look so obvious. I'm looking at you, Ry," Jackson turned to me."

"Yeah, yeah, I already know. You guys hurried me so my clothes didn't exactly go with the weather, okay? I looked so weird in a thick jacket during the hottest time in summer. Let me go get ready. I'll be back in five," I walked out of Jackson's room and towards mine.

"Just saying, Ryder's taste in clothes is actually really boring. He has black, white, and I think a little blue, but his shirts are all just plain with different sleeve lengths. And like a few pairs of jeans and maybe a pair of cargo shorts or something," I heard as I entered my room. 

I wasn't sure if Alex wanted me to hear that or she really just had a loud voice. 

"But have you seen his pajamas? That's a totally different story," Lexi let out a laugh. 

Very funny.

I grabbed a simple white t-shirt and some random jeans. Shrugging them on, I unplugged my phone from the charger and connected my earphones to it.

Right when I was going to play a song, I heard the doorbell ring and my brother's racing footsteps going down the stairs. Must be Mia then. My brother was really excited to get back to working.

I played a song and slipped my feet into some tennis shoes I found in my closet. Actually, the reason why I had those types of clothes was because they could easily be paired with pretty much any shoes, except maybe formal shoes and flip flops.

With that, I left my room.

"You have my stuff?" I asked my sisters, sticking my head into their room.

"Yeah, they're on my desk. I can bring it downstairs for you later. Just go over the information we got from TSSA. The sketch is in my drawer, so look at that too. Mia said that HQ sent her a picture they got of the suspect," Alex informed me, pulling her hair into a high ponytail.

"Got it. If you guys are hungry, we can get some food when we get to the mall. And if you're not hungry, we're still going to buy food because I'm hungry. I'm just telling you that you don't actually have a choice here. Oh, and be ready in two minutes," I told them.

We left once Mia's earpiece and shades were connected to Jackson's laptop and they finished their last minute changes to the plan. We decided that it would be better if I drove because it was easier for Jackson to operate from home. I was given the keys to his car.

"So, I'm hungry... that means we're going to the food court first. We can just start there. Many people stay there anyway, so we can blend in easier," I laid out the plan. No room for negotiations or questions.

Maybe I was a little hungry.

"Uh okay? We have a starting place then. I was going to just ask for any suggestions. TSSA was right when they told me you'd be fun to work with. I think we'd be good as partners, won't we, Ry?" Mia laughed, yet she sounded serious at the same time.

"Ryder? Fun? Oh yeah, he's fun. But he's also such a handful. No one, and I mean no one, can ever do a run alone with him. Believe me, I've tried when Lexi and Jax had to do stuff back in Florida," Alex laughed. "It was torture."

Well, that was just plain mean.

I chose to stay quiet because if you really knew Alex, you'd know that it was very rare that you'd win an argument with her. Good for you if you do. You'd be a legend. It's usually only Mom who can win. Not even Dad.