15|| It's Okay, I Understand

c h a s e

Once I got home from the dinner held at the Evans' household, it was around 9 o'clock, and my family was probably already in their rooms.

So I headed to my room, checking my phone in the process, when I remembered something. I totally forgot to ask Alex for help. I went to my balcony and jumped the small space over to theirs. The gap was pretty significant, and one wrong move would've sent me falling two stories down.

I knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open it. A little while later, Alex came to their window, raising her eyebrow and asking why I was there. I gestured for her to let me in, and she did.

"Yes? What do you need? Ryder's in his room. If you need Lexi, you'll need to wait because she's taking a bath and unless you wanna-" I cut her off before she can say another word.

"I need your help on something."

"Uh, sure, what is it? I'm always here to lend a helping hand, and I'm guessing you asked my help because... of my sister! I'll help you with anything if it's Lexi-related."

"That's great. Because she certainly is related. I need help on how to court her," I mumbled the last part.

"What? You need help to court her?" she asked loudly, surprised.

"Quiet, she'll hear you. But yes, I need help," I shushed her.

"Well, then, I'll help you. Let's start planning tomorrow. Get some sleep. You'll need it, we have to do a lot tomorrow, but you won't start courting her just yet. You'll have to wait a little," she said, trying to sound strict, but failing. I decided to go along with it anyway.

"Yes, ma'am," I laughed. "Good night, Alex."

She laughed at that, "Good night."

I was let out, and we both returned to our separate rooms, I was about to go to sleep when my phone beeped. It was a text message from Alex.

So here's what we're gonna do...

~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. 

Today's the day! I thought to myself. The day, Alex and I had spent days preparing for. I got up, and went to my bathroom.

Taking a bath, I thought of the plan for the day. It was fool proof. I got out of the shower, drying myself before throwing on some clothes. It was going to be one hell of a day, filled with surprises for Lexi.

I went down, grabbed some breakfast, then rushed to my motorcycle. Grabbing my phone, I took a bite out of my sandwich. I sent her the signal message.

Ready

Even though I was most definitely not.

I saw her at their front door, opening it a little to give me a thumbs up. It's go time. It was almost half past six in the morning, and I hadn't gotten the things yet. No wonder Alex had been telling me to sleep early since the night she told me about the plan.

I bought the things I needed, taking about an hour, before going to school at around seven thirty.

I walked to Lexi's locker, and thanks to Alex, I was able to open it. I left a bouquet of flowers and a note with it. I really hope she liked them.

As a final step, I went to my locker, making sure everything was still there. I quickly walked to the library, seeing Alex already there with Luke. 

Huh, she really did bring him. I guess that was okay. The more the merrier, right?

"Chase! Finally, you came! We've been waiting forever!" Alex complained once I got to the table.