14|| Spongebob and Scrapes

r y d e r

I heard a weird sound. No, that was a scream. Yeah, definitely a scream. An Alex one.

I barged into their room worried what it was about, "What happened?"

They just laughed at the expression on my face.

Lexi stood up and kindly ushered me to the door. By kindly ushered, I really meant demandingly pushed me out of their room.

Sure, I wanted to leave anyway.

I went back to my room, and I slowly drifted off to sleep, while watching a good episode of Spongebob. I mean, who didn't like SpongeBob? An idiot, that's who.

Those were the last thoughts in mind before I went to sleep.

After a while, or what I thought was a while, but was actually already about an hour, Lexi woke me up from my dreamless sleep.

"It's time. It's now your turn to choose. Remember, you can't pick your own."

What? My own? What the hell was she talking about?

"Umm, Lex, what are you talking about? What am I going to do?" I was totally and utterly confused. I just woke up.

"Wow. You already forgot? We told you last week. You're choosing which design for the tree house you want to follow. Alex already chose last night. I'm after you," she reminded me. "She did some revisions on hers so that you might like it more."

We went down, but as I headed to the study room, Lexi stopped me, "You're not choosing a plan there, though. Alex is there doing a project there with Luke."

"Oh, so where do I pick?" I asked.

~~~~~

l e x i

"We'll just go to the backyard. It's the best place to pick anyway so you can see where it goes already," I decided. "Picture it while you look at the designs."

"Sure," we went to the backyard and we sat down in front of the tree.

I gave him two designs, one mine, and one Alex's.

"Obviously yours. Alex's is too much. Case closed."

Ha! Two points for me! I won which means we were going to use my design!

"Thank you. We'll be processing this after I have chosen the design I like. You can go back to whatever you were doing. In your case, sleeping," I said in a calm, collected voice.

I was just trying to hide my happiness so that he thought he actually had a fighting chance.

"Well, since you woke me up and because I'm hungry, can you give me some food? I can't go to sleep anymore. You already woke me up anyway," he grinned.

I looked at him with an emotionless face. "Fine. You're getting whatever I can find in the kitchen."

"That's fine. Now, go. I'm getting hungrier by the second," he stood up, trying to drag me, and pull me up at the same time. I laughed, but stood up nonetheless.

He continued to drag me until we reached the kitchen, and I threw an apple at him, hitting him flat on the face, "There's your food."

"Ouch!" he picked the apple up from the table and took a bite. "Just an apple? Why can't you make me a sandwich or something better? I should have asked Alex for food."

I ignored his question, and just proceeded to say, "I'll go up now. I still have to do stuff with these designs. Alex told me to check her designs for dresses, the ones she's gonna show mom. You know me, not a dress-y kind of person," I told him.