12|| Another Surprise

l e x i

I walked down the hallway with my books in hand, heading to my second class.

Thursday. Just two more days before I could lay in bed all day.

I walked into class five minutes early.

"So, Zach, no practice today?" I sat down beside him.

He shook his head, "It's too cold to swim, and we've had so much land training already. We'll start training again when it gets a bit warmer. The school's too stingy to get a heater for the pool."

I nodded, "Oh okay. I'll just jog a little with Jax or Alex in the afternoon." 

Speaking of Alex, she was a lot better. It had been more than a week, and her arm was almost fully healed.

I was talking to Zach when someone decided to interrupt us, "What are you doing here?"

"Chase, don't. I don't get why you always get mad at him. What did he ever do to you?" I defended Zach.

"Don't you see? That guy," he pointed at Zach, "He's trying to get so close to you, because he likes you." 

What? I was confused, and shocked as well so I decided to ask him, "What are you talking about, Chase? And wait, do you, Zach?" 

I felt my cheeks become warm after Chase said that Zach apparently liked me.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't," he replied, taunting Chase. I didn't get it though, why would he like a person as stubborn as me?

Also, why was Chase so mad at Zach? It's not like they fought or something.

"What's it to you, Chase?" I questioned him.

"Nothing. I just don't like him." Of course, he had a stupid answer.

"You have no right not to like him. If you don't like my friends, you're not my friend," I decided not to talk to him anymore. 

At that point, I didn't care anymore, I wasn't using my head. I was just really disappointed and a bit pissed at him.

"Do you see what you just did?" he pushed Zach aggressively. "She hates me now. Because of you!" 

I think he only meant for Zach to hear, but instead, basically the whole world heard.

"Sit down, I don't want to hear about all that drama in your lives. You're supposed to be learning here, not causing a scene," our Literature teacher said, coming in the room.

Chase shot one more glare at Zach before taking a seat beside me.

I spent the whole rest of the class taking down notes, listening to our teacher, and even though I was mad, glancing at Chase from time to time.

Once the class was done, I checked my schedule and saw that sadly, I had Chemistry. The class I had with my siblings. And Chase.

"Lex! Wait up!" someone held my arm.

I turned around and saw Chase. I made sure to make my words clear as day, "I am not talking to you."

I was about to turn back around when he said something that made me stop, "I understand. I'm sorry, Lex. I really disappointed you." 

My conscience beat me up as I watched him walk past me, going to the Chemistry lab.

The rest of the day, I felt numb. That was until P.E. came.

"Since your teacher had an unexpected family matter to attend to in San Fransisco, you'll have a sub first. Coach Ken will be back after spring break," the principal announced to us.