27|| You're Not Falling Again

a l e x

I woke up to the sound of the usual alarm I had on a school morning at the usual time I woke up with the usual thought I put into mind every day.

It was a new day, a new beginning, and most especially, it was a new chance to have the most awesome day ever.

Some days were better than others, let me tell you that, but I guess that's the reason I looked forward to every single day. It might be one of those good days.

I always liked to think that we're meant to face new challenges daily, may it be a difficult decision, a small, simple task or even something you can make into something fun. Something you may not notice is already a challenge itself.

When I woke up, I knew right away what challenge I had to face, and boy was it going to be hard. It was probably going to be difficult to get through, doing my dare.

I got out of bed and went on with my normal morning routine, a positive look on my face, knowing and telling myself that I could get through the day, even if the challenge thrown at me wasn't particularly easy.

I even decided to give Lexi the five minutes she always asked for before I even woke her up, just to give her a little boost and help her with her challenge, whatever it was.

Honestly, I really had no plan whatsoever for the day, and I didn't like to admit it as often as people may think, but I was pretty scared.

I knew it was going to be hard to try and avoid someone who was always there for me, someone who made me feel completely safe and protected. I was used to him always there, after almost two months of us being together, and he wasn't going to be there for the day.

A good percentage of my day was with him, and I already knew it would feel wrong not really seeing him or talking to him.

My siblings told me that I had to really try and pretend that Luke and I broke up, to do what someone who just broke up with their boyfriend would do. And to add a little more effect, Luke and I made up a story in case someone, and I knew someone would, ask about our 'break up'.

We put so much effort into this dare, more than I'd probably ever put into anything in the last few months.

I stared at the mirror in front of me, my fingers playing with the key pendant Luke gave me for Christmas that hung on my neck by an elegant chain.

He said, as cheesy and overused as it sounded, it was a reminder that I had the key to his heart, whether I liked it or not, and that meant a part of his heart was mine.

I observed my outfit, asking myself if I needed to add anything to my slightly cropped hoodie, high waisted jeans and booties.

I woke Lexi up when the five minutes I chose to give her were up, and rather than her usual 'five more minutes' line, she actually got up like she knew she was already given those five minutes.

If waking Lexi up was any basis on how my day was going to go, I didn't have to worry as I headed downstairs and texted Luke the good morning text I always sent him with a few more kisses than the usual two. He replied almost instantly.

Looks like my girlfriend's in a good mood today, huh? Sure you didn't forget that we have to be broken up at school today? Btw, good morning to you to, beautiful :)

It made me laugh a little as I ate my buttered toast. I knew he was more at ease, not necessarily happy, with the dare that he was pretty much dragged into than I was.

Trying to fight the nerves with some smiles today. I won't be seeing you as much. Don't replace me that fast, babe, I texted back, almost halfway done with my breakfast.