28|| Secret Weapon?

l e x i

"Hey, come on, guys! We really have to go already," Alex hurried us from across the room on Jackson's bed as we prepared for step two of our grand mission.

Personally, it wasn't much of a favorite. I didn't really enjoy it as much. Investigating outside our base just really wasn't my thing.

What my thing is, though, was hacking—obviously for good reasons and information only—which came right after investigating.

"She's gonna be gone before we even get there if we don't leave now. You know how I hate being late," Alex whined again.

"Shh, I need to concentrate. This camera is incredibly tiny, and I have to place it perfectly. I'm almost done," Jackson shushed her, fixing a really tiny camera on an equally bored Ryder's shirt.

He was so bored that what he resulted to for entertainment was making weird funny faces at Mia to make her smile instead of scared because she said she had a bad feeling that we were gonna get in trouble.

Ry was honestly a good person if he wanted to be a good person. All you have to do is get it out of him.

"Stop it, Ry. I'm trying to be serious here, and all you're doing is trying to make me laugh," Mia finally gave in and cracked a smile. They're good for each other, we all had to admit it.

They both were just so oblivious that they didn't see how much they really meant to each other.

Hold on, what in the world was happening? Since when did I know so much about feelings and things like that? Since when did I turn into my sister? 

Uh oh...

"Why though, M? That's the only fun thing I can do right now. Jackson's taking actually forever to put this camera on me. Please? Don't deny that you're also having fun. Come on, M," Ryder poked Mia.

At least he was awake. To be honest, if I were the one in Ryder's place, I would have probably fallen asleep already. It had happened before, really. It was the reason why the camera was going on him and not me.

"Oh, fine. Now stop with that smile or else I'm leaving the room, and you can do those faces to yourself," Mia threatened playfully. The smile on her face was still there from before.

I turned to my sister who looked like she was having a form of heart attack mixed with some sort of air drum but was actually just internally screaming in delight.

"And done!" Jackson grinned with satisfaction, making sure that the camera was hooked up to the computer, "Okay, remember, she's in the top floor of the main building of Myore Incorporated Towers. You'll need a password. That would be 267893. Info from the TSSA HQ say that Alessandra Myore, the Myore Inc. President, is a close friend of our target."

A few days ago, we locked in our target's name, or at least what people call her. Issabella. We didn't know much about her, but the tracker we got on her helped us get to her.

"Finally! Okay, we really have to go now if we want to catch up to her. Security camera footage shows that she leaves the building at exactly four everyday. That's an hour from now, and the building's half an hour away," Alex urged, pulling Ryder off of the bed, "Come on, guys! Let's get a move on, I still have a date to get to tonight."

"Wait... you have a date? Tonight? Damn, and I thought you were gonna help hack," Jackson rolled his eyes, shooing us away.

We walked out of the house, earpieces in place and Ryder's tiny camera hidden from view.