Chapter 11

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. I'm just really busy with college right now. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 11

If I thought before there were a lot of people in this pack, I was sorely mistaken. It was like half the city was there. People of all ages, color and sizes were bustling around. There was a low hum of talking in the grand hall where the stairs led. It wasn't the only place filled with people. As we descended the last step, I could see that at the far corner of the hall was a door leading outside, and beside the door, was a large glass window that covered more than half the wall. Through that I could see that the whole ground outside the mansion was packed. I moved closer to Hunter.

At our arrival, everyone stopped what they were doing and bowed to us. I think it was more for Hunter, I was just standing with him. After their greeting, Jace, who was looking dashing in a navy blue suit, with a white shirt and a blue and black striped tie, came forward.

"Alpha." He said, respectfully nodding his head towards Hunter, "Ariana. How are you?"

"Hey Jace. I'm well, thanks." I replied, trying to smile at him, but it probably looked like a grimace.

Then without a word, Jace lead the way, as he parted the people with both of his arms in front of him. Outside, there was a make-shift stage, in the middle of the ground. Hunter lead me on it and then stood facing the people, his arm still around my waist.

"Today is an important day in all our lives." He began, his voice strong and commanding, "Today I introduce you to my mate and your Luna, Ariana Sullivan."

Everyone cheered and clapped. Hunter continued.

"I expect you to treat her with utmost respect and kindness. Any untoward behaviour towards my mate will be punished severely. You will be as loyal to her as you are to me. You will obey her commands, because from now on, she is as much the leader of this pack as I am."

Everyone simultaneously bowed to me and smiled and cheered. I just stood there like a statue, my eyes wide, heart racing. I was too overwhelmed to react. 'Would you like to say a few words Kitten?' I jumped as I heard Hunter's voice in my head. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"No." I whispered vehemently.

What was I supposed to say? What did you even say to people who expected you to lead them? Hunter just smirked at me. I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek. I found it sweet that he asked me first instead of announcing that I would give a speech. Hunter tightened his hand on my waist and lead me back inside as everyone followed. People were congratulating us from every side, but Hunter lead me inside and then through several corridors, everyone following. We came to a stop in front of two large gates, they opened from inside and before us was a vast ball room. It was old fashioned, like in british classic movies. Complete with the orchestra and long tables filled with food and drinks and the walls covered in curtains. It was brightly lit up and as we took a step inside, followed by everyone, the music started playing. Hunter lead me towards the dance floor, which was situated in the middle, and held up his hand, "Dance?"

"What?" I inquired softly. What in the world was happening?

"Would you like to dance?" Hunter repeated. All around us every one stood, watching us.

I stared at Hunter and tried to communicate through the mind link. 'No!'

'What?'

'No, I don't know how to dance.'