Chapter 14

Hey guys! Really sorry for the late update. 

CHAPTER 14

I looked at myself in the mirror. I could see  the changes in myself. The color in cheeks, the brightness of my eyes, the fact that I was actually putting effort in my everyday appearance. My hair were hanging down my back, long and lustrous, I had actually worn a floral summer dress with black leggings and matching black pumps. I stared in the mirror. 

"You fool."

Why was I behaving like this, Hunter had made it pretty clear that I was nothing but a possession. I knew I needed to wait. To give him time to properly know me and form his own opinion. But what made me so bloody furious was that why was the only one feeling like this? Why was he not affected even a little bit? It was so unfair. I sighed. I knew I needed to stop pitying myself and get on to work. But first I needed to go to Hunter. He had texted me to meet him upstairs before leaving. I had never been on the above floor the whole time I had been here. Shaking my head at my vexing bouts of self-doubt I headed out of my room. There was pretty much no one in the corridor, having gone down to start their day, so there was no hindrance of following social etiquette in my  way as I ascended the stairs. When I reached the floor, I don't know what I expected, but what I found wasn't it. The floor was like a separate apartment in itself. Gleaming wooden floor, there was a TV lounge that was a square area in the middle, one step below the rest of the floor. It was the only place that was carpeted. As I further stepped inside I saw the kitchen, all kinds of utensils hanging from the hooks on the wall above the stove, the marble counters and the black and white marble checkerboard floor. It was stunning.

"Hunter?"  I called out. No reply. I repeated again but still no answer. When I didn't get a response the third time, I decided to move towards the doors which I guessed were bedrooms. There were three doors on the right and one door in the corner on the far left, but that was the only door that was open so I decided to check that out first. I went inside and realized it was a study slap office. There was big mahogany table on the right with a large black comfy chair and in front of the table was a black divan and a small side table. The whole room had was carpeted in maroon. There were large shelves far back of the room, filled to the top with books. I walked towards the shelves and stroked the book spines as I tried to take everything in at the same time. So many books, it was my own personal wonderland. I picked up Jane Eyre, one of my favorites, and skimmed through, the yellowish color of the pages, an indication to its senescence. 

"Kitten."

Startled, I squealed, the book falling from my hands, but Hunter who was right behind me, so close, caught it and leaned forward, I could feel his whole body against mine, and put it back in its place. But he didn't move. His hand came on my stomach, stroking my navel. My breathing escalated. He slowly moved my hair, my heart was beating so fast, I was sure he could hear it. His mouth slowly descended on the sensitive flesh of my mark. He kissed it softly, just a brush of lips, I shivered with equal amount of trepidation and anticipation. His tongue peeked out in a slight caress. I gasped at the sensation, heat pooling in my veins and deep in my belly. His hands came around me, tightening and pulling me closer to him so every inch of my back was plastered to his front. He ran his nose up the column of my neck.

"Hmmm, you smell delicious." His rasp went straight to my core. He sucked my earlobe, first  biting it then laving it with his tongue. My breaths had turned into short pants and the tingles all over my skin had me pushing deeper into his embrace. Suddenly he turned me around and his mouth was on mine. He kissed me with a ferocity and possessiveness that undid me. My hands found its way to the back of his neck. His tongue laving the crevices of my mouth, caressing mine. I sucked his tongue into my mouth, he growled, kissing me harder. I tugged at his bottom lip, I loved his bottom lip, and he slowly separated his lips from mine. I slowly released his lip, gasping for air. I wasn't even surprised when he didn't even have a hitch in his breathe. But his eyes...his eyes....I will never forget the intensity, or the pain I saw in them. It hurt to look in them because I could almost taste his suffering, but why?