Chapter 18

Hey, everyone. Firstly, I want to thank all the readers who've stuck through the slow updates. Here's a new chapter. Secondly, I've changed the name of the story, please let me know in the comments what you guys think.

*************

CHAPTER 18

"So, what do you think?" I turned around and looked at Maya, who was appraising me with her head tilted to the side.

"Hmmm...I really don't think this looks that good. What do you think?" She turned towards Alison, who was sitting curled up on my bed.

We were trying out outfits for tonight. I had come home from work and was ambushed by Alison and Maya, who had found out from Janet, that I was going out with Hunter tonight, albeit, not alone, but going out all the same. They wanted to help me get ready. Since Janet wasn't back from work yet, even though it was 7 and we had to leave by 8, they had taken it upon themselves to get me ready. I had texted Awnya in the morning to let her know that I had a few more friends who wanted to come along and it was fine by her, So we were all set, except for one problem, I didn't have anything to wear that was appropriate for going to a club, well I had clothes that I thought were fine but none of the girls liked any of them.

"I don't know." Alison perused me, "It just, it looks like you work at a library in that dress."

I looked down at myself. I was wearing a pea-green, knee-length dress, that was a little loose at the waist, with long sleeves and a high-neck, with a pair of black tights.

I sighed as I looked at them, "Guys, this is the seventh dress I've tried. You don't like anything. What am I going to do? We have to leave in an hour. Hunter will be here soon and I won't be even a little bit ready." I exclaimed.

"Okay! Don't panic. Let me go look in my closet. Maybe I can find something." Maya got up and rushed out of the room.

"You know in the meantime let me get started on your hair, They're almost all dried, so I can get started on the curling." Alison got up and walked towards the vanity, where the curling iron sat, already heated up.

I sat on the chair and she started curling my hair.

"Your hair is so soft and long." She murmured, taking a couple of strands together and weaving them around the heated rod, being careful not to touch any skin, since I explained about my phobia to them.

"Thank you."

"So, how's it going with Hunter? If you don't mind me asking."

"Of course not." I tilted my head a little away, to save my ear from the burning heat, "We're good. I think."

"You think?" She questioned.

I didn't say anything. We didn't know each other that well. I didn't know if it was right to talk about my relationship with Hunter to someone who was a little more than a stranger to me. Letting her help me getting dressed was one thing, but discussing Hunter and me...It was too intimate.

"You can talk to me, you know?" She interrupted my reverie, "I know you're our Luna, and I respect that. But sometimes people just need to talk to someone. You know I'm mated right?"

I nodded, "yeah, I know."

"I knew Matt was my mate since I was 12 and he was 14. You're not supposed to know until you're 16, but me, I knew it was him from that young. When I turned 16, my parents passed away in a car crash."

I gasped, "I'm so sorry!" I really wish I could hug her, I knew how devastated I'd be if something happened to my Mom. I couldn't imagine living without any parents, moreover getting them snatched away so suddenly.