Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

I took Hunter's hand as I stepped out of his car. Hunter had changed into a pair of jeans, a black T-shirt, and a leather jacket. He was devastatingly handsome in his casual ensemble. After he was ready we had waited for a while for Janet, then she had called and asked us to leave without her since she still had some work left, and that she would join us there. Hunter curled his hand around my waist as we moved towards the main entrance of the club. To say it was crowded was an understatement. I don't know if it was because of it being a weekend or if it were a regular occurrence but there was a long line outside. There were all kinds of people, rowdy teenagers, unruly adults, a variety of good-looking men and women dressed up to the nines waiting for their turn to enter the supposedly prestigious club. Hunter had told me that sometimes the bouncer didn't allow someone to enter based on their dressing sense or what car they drove, so as not to mess with the status and eminence of the club.

We walked to the beginning of the line and Hunter nodded at the bouncer, who was a giant man with blonde hair tied up in a bun, and we slipped right in, leaving behind the loud protests of the bystanders and entering a long dimly-lit hallway.

"Why didn't we stand in line?" I asked, looking up at Hunter's profile.

"Because I know the owner."

I looked back to make sure no one was behind us then leaned closer to Hunter, "Is he a werewolf too?" I whispered

"No, Kitten." He replied, "I know him through work."

We reached the end of the hallway where a black door opened as we neared it and the loud music blasted out. I moved closer to Hunter as I saw the number of people inside. There was a long bar to the side, some booths next to it and in the front and center was the big dance floor. It was pouring with bodies grinding against each other. Hunter tucked me into his side with an arm around my shoulders as we rounded towards the bar. We went to the booths, which were lined by red cushioned surface and button tufted back wall benches. Hunter sat down first and just as I was about to tell him to move over, he pulled me down in his lap. I gasped at the sudden movement as he maneuvered me so that my back was supported by his arm and my feet were dangling off his side.

I felt him lean down and put his mouth to my ear, "You okay, Kitten?"

I shivered at his close proximity and looked up as our eyes met, "Yes."

Hunter nodded. He looked around, "I spotted Deck and Mike here but I don't see Janet."

I turned to look but couldn't see them, "Who are Deck and Mike?"

"They're part of the pack, I brought them here today so we'll have help in case one of your friends needs a ride home or gets too drunk to drive."

I smiled at him, "That's very thoughtful."

"You want something to drink?"

"You know I can't drink, right?"

"You can here."

"Why? Is the rule different here or something?"

"No." He kissed my ear, "Because I'm with you."

I laughed, "Really? I've never tried alcohol before."

"So maybe we should start you with something light."

"Okay, whatever you think is the best for me. I don't really know anything about all the different drinks."

He lifted me off his lap then stood up. I turned around to see two men standing looking at us.

"Kitten, this is Deck." Hunter tipped his chin towards a tall lanky guy with a bald head. I waved a hi at him.